Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why Blog?

Sharon B asks the question "Why do you Blog?" and also answers it in a very eloquent style on her blog: www.pintangle.com. Much of the answers in her essay ring true for me. Blogging and reading blogs, has provided me a community where I can go for support, for ideas, for motivation, for inspiration...it is someplace I can reach out to where I can also give back - support, ideas, motivation, inspiration...

I started blogging just a couple of months ago. A frequent visitor to several on-line needlework/shop websites, I began following some of the links to specific designers blogs and eventually found yahoo needlework groups...which lead me to a community of bloggers where had an interest in needlework as well as opened up their lives on-line. Living in a household of boys/men, who don't understand either my desire to be creative or relax by doing needlework...and just don't understand "mother's female" point of view on life - I thought it would be fun to start blogging. Not only journaling my needlework - finished pieces and wips - but to also use it as a sounding board for problems, thoughts and just everyday activities.

Having this outlet to show my work - helps me to feel good about my accomplishments, as well as allowing me to show distant friends and relatives what I am working on. Having an outlet to write, is very theuraputic no matter what I am feeling. And, in the last few weeks, there have been visitors to my blog who have left wonderful comments, giving me a sense that "I am not alone!". Which is a gift that I am very grateful for!

Thank you all very much.
Lisa

1 comment:

sharonb said...

Hi Lisa thanks for responding to the question and playing along. Thanks for leaving a link too as I had not visited before and I love discovering new blogs to me