Sunday, January 18, 2009

The End to a Hockey Weekend

Well, the first of several hockey weekends for our family is just about over. Eldest Son and I are home from SoCal (his team won all 3 games and is in 1st place in their league...playoffs in 2 week). My DH and Younger Son are on a plane, heading back from Sarnia Canada. They had to fly in and out of Detriot...so on the way back to the airport tonight they stopped at Joe Louis Arena where the Detriot Red Wings hockey team plays. Just like baseball fans, we tend to visit hockey arenas when travelling. Matthew's team didn't do too well...they lost all 3 games - but they enjoyed playing in the snow. He told me that they built a fort and had snow ball fights (something that California kids don't do very often).

I was able to get a little stitching done over the weekend while at the rink. The boys have to be at the rink 1hour before a game for warm-ups and the coaches' talk, so we parents have some time to kill...and what a better way than xstitch. I don't have a picture right now, but will post something in a couple of days. With that said, I thinkthat I am going to sit and stitch right now while waiting for DH and son to land...I have to go to pick them up around 10:30 tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well...Stitch on...Lisa

No comments: