Sunday, January 4, 2009

An end to Winter Vacation

T'was the night before the call of the early alarm,
which will cause us to jump out of our beds nice and warm.
Time to return to school and to work
for the holidays are over and it is time to go beserk.

Oh, well, I tried. Just thought I would put a fun and creative spin on the fact that we all will be returning to our normal non-holiday live. However the boys had one more "hockey-hurrah" today, as they played in a 3-on-3 jamboree. During the 3-on-3, teams consisting of 4 players and 1 goalie play 3 games of 30 minutes. It is a 'just for fun' event w/o anytype of championship. DH Steve took Matthew down to the rink at 6am this morning for his first game which started at 6:30am. His other 2 games were at 9:15 and 11:15. Robert and I drove down to the rink in time to watch Matthew's 3rd game. We stuck around there to watch Robert's first 2 games; I left with Matthew around 3...Steve and Robert got home around 5:30.

With lunches premade for the week ahead and backpacks ready for the morning departure; all are ready to begin the week.

Well, I was hoping that I would be able to get the last "shoo-fly" design stitched before the end of vacation - I am so very close, but didn't quite get it down. Hopefully with the hockey practices coming up this will, I will have time to get some stitching done at the rink. If not then, for sure Friday afternoon when I board the plane for St. Louis for my grandfather's funeral.

I have enjoyed receiving comments and love that there are some who are following my blog. I have found that blogging, in addition to stitiching, are great ways to keep sane!

Until next time...stay well and laugh often.
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your poem! It's awesome LOL totally describes my life.