Friday, January 2, 2009

Stitching Update & other thoughts

Shoo-Fly Quilt Needlework Project Update

The days between Christmas and New Years have given me lots of opportunities to sit and stitch - between lots of time at home and at the hockey rink. I have gotten further on my "Shoo-Fly" Quilt Needlework, with only one more group to do and then I can move on to the little squares that the pattern is leaving blank. I have come up with some ideas, a couple of which I have designed using Microsoft excel (a great way to make graph pages). I am thinking about stitching the design in the squares using black as one of the main colors, thinking that way the colors of the "Shoo-fly" will stand out. However, if anyone reading this has any other ideas or designs please let me know as I would be interested.
Goal for 2009

Everyone seems to be writing some of their goals down for 2009. A couple of my goals that I have pertaining to stitching would be:
  1. To finish the "Hockey Rivalry" designed by D.R. Laird (Dimensions). I purchased this and started it over a year ago. I found this in one of the needlework catalogs I get and, because it had a hockey theme, purchased it. But because of the detail (color changes) and the half cross stitch, I lost motivation to work on it.
  2. To continue blogging.
  3. To get more involved in the on-line stitching communities and blogs.

Other Updates

Winter vacation is just about over - the kids go back to school on January 5. With all the hockey activities, there wasn't much opportunity for any of them to be bored. It will be nice to get back into our routine of school and work. Nevertheless, living in the moment is important - so saying that we still have the weekend in front of us - which brings hockey practice for Robert tomorrow morning and a 3-on-3 hockey tournament on Sunday for both boys.

Until next time...Lisa

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you'll stop by again. If you email me I can give you the email addresses of the ladies who run them...Vonna, BeckyS and Carol.

Wendy said...

Hi Lisa,

Nice projects you are working on, I'm looking forward to the one of the hockey theme, it's seems to be a very beautiful one.

I wish you and your family a happy New Year from Belgium.
Wendy