Saturday, January 24, 2009

Quick Stitch Update

Thought I would post a quick photo of the progress I have made on the Filigree Hearts (by The Sweetheart Tree). I was able to get the top heart and the stem/leaves done this evening while younger son was playing a hockey game (yes, I did remember to look up and watch when he was out on the ice - was able to catch a good play he made which helped a teammate of his score a goal...they did win their game 9-1 tonight).

I still have the border and some flowers to do - flowers go where there is a break in the stems. The patterns calls for the flowers to be made with Mill Hill beads (white and red). Not sure if I will go with bead, or if I will create flowers using the lazy daisy stitch with a beaded center. Lately I seem to be enjoying adding my own creativity to a pattern instead of following the directions as printed. Good thing? Bad thing? I don't know...

The only think that I am not sure about right now, is the yellow linen...however, it was in my stash pile and was calling my name. It actually looks better in person; I think the flash on my camera gave it a washed out look. I do think that it will become a nice Valentine's Day gift.

Well, DH and older son should be landing soon and it is time to get the younger one in bed. One of his teammates had a birthday celebration after the game. They had some pizza and skated - which we stayed for awhile, but came home in order to make sure that I was able to get some food into him (he is not fond of pizza).

Stitchon...Lisa



2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Lisa,

I enjoy reading your blog so much that I have a lovely award for you. Take a look at my blog.

Take care,
Wendy

Milly~ said...

Nice work Lisa. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Nice to "meet" another NorCal stitcher.