Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday's Furniture and Finishing

First the Furniture....
No...this is not a photo of our backyard in Northern California (thank goodness...for I gave up snow & cold when I left Minnesota 5 years ago). This is a photo of my oldest son (the first one on the right hand side) and 3 of his hockey friends on their snow couch they built when they were in Michigan for their hockey tournament last weekend (was that just last weekend?). Why a couch and not a snowman...who knows. It is a good thing that they have memories like this, that will last a life time, because their hockey games didn't go as they had planned...and my son came back very upset.

Well, this weekend they have the opportunity to regain their #1 position in the national rankings for their age division...it is hockey playoff weekend for them. If they win their 3 games, then next weekend we head down to Los Angeles for States...and then get home 2 days before we take off for Quebec City...ugh.

On the subject of stitching....
I am 3 eyelets away from finishing the first part of filling in the white squares on the "Shoo-fly" project. Yipee! After that is complete, I will continue to fill in those white squares. I have come up with a pattern to complete them. As soon as I have one done, I will take a photo and post it - so Stay Tuned!

Another note of completion...this one has to do with my part-time job (I work out of the house 4 days a week). I have been working on a major revision project, revising technical data sheets and I finished the revision today and just handed all of the pdf files to the company's webmaster to upload! Ya-hooooooo! This is so exciting - especially the part about doing it all inhouse rather than giving it to the graphic company we use. My boss and I figure we probably saved the company around $5K. For a big company, that is probably "nickles and dimes" - but every little bit helps!

Just incase I am stuck in a rink all weekend and can't post...have a good weekend! Enjoy your family and friends and...Stitch on! Lisa


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snow couch could be in my backyard in Michigan. Is Lisa's Center Hockey Quilt on Webspots your quilt? It is awesome. Is there a pattern available for it? I have 2 'acquired' grandsons who are on hockey teams and have been looking for an out of the ordinary pattern for a birthday quilt. If there is a pattern, do you know where I could purchase it?

Cyn said...

Hi Lisa,

Love the idea of a snow couch! Smart boys, they just had to pile it up instead of rolling snowballs. :-)

Please post updated pictures of "Shoo Fly" when you get a chance.

Congratulations on finishing up the work project. Isn't that a great feeling!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow