Monday, January 19, 2009

Enjoy the "process" - "the journey"....of Life.

Good morning...afternoon...evening. Every day, while exercising on the stationary bike, I put the laptop on the dashboard and catch up on my emails, blogs and just inspirational reading. It is "my time" of the day. Typically this time is in the wee hours of the morning, when there are no kids arguing, no husband to deal with...just me. Me and sometime the many of you out there whose blogs I read, to catch up on your activities. Bottomline, it is a special time for me.

In my inbox, I usually receive some inspirational writings - today is no different. I came across the following, which I felt like posting as a reminder to me and maybe others out there to life in the now...to enjoy the journey of life. The writing below can be applied to needlework projects - for it is the creation of the end product to take time and enjoy...the choice of the right pattern, finding the perfect linen, the choice of the colored thread...to enjoy the threading of the needle and the working of the stitches: needle goes in the hole and out the other side (like inhale...exhale...relax).

Invest in the "process" rather than the product. Process
living neutralizes the depleting and impoverishing effects of chronically living
in anticipation. Even when impossible goals occasionally are reached, satisfactions derived from them are invariable disappointing unless the process
has given ample satisfaction along the way.
~ Theodore Rubin

Enjoy the moment...the process of today...stitch on...Lisa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It sure is a nice writing, and something we should think of!
Have a nice week.