Thursday, March 31, 2011

Summer has arrived

Yikes...we have gone from cloudy, rainy, cool to blue sky, dry, hot! Yesterday it was in the low 80s here and it is expected to continue. It is already mid-60s (@ 5:30am) in San Francisco, where you typically find the coolest weather in the mornings and even throughout the day because it is located on the bay...but right now it is warmer there than the in-land areas by about 5-10 degrees...omg, the weater lady just said that it was going to be in the 90s. Poor kids, they have afterschool track practice today...need to make sure that they have plenty of water!

Yesterday after running around trying to make sure that Robert's job application for the summer Rec Leader position got filled out and turned in, I did manage to get in a little jog of 3.5 miles...but between being sore from the 12.5 mile run the day before and the horrible heat, the jog didn't feel as wonderful as it did the day before.

Speaking of the job application...Robert has entered into the teenage procrastination stage. When there is a due date that is a week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks out...there is no reason to start right now, right? Or even start 2 days before...almost best just to start it the day or night before the project is due...well, that has been the story with him lately and caused him to miss the due date of the application. The city uses an online application program and stated in the email that the application would close on March 29. Well, on March 29 when he was going to proofread what he started so that he could finish it up and submit it...the application and job announcement was taken off the system. Can you say panic? I did make him email the 2 people who oversee this and the city's summer activity programs. Thank goodness that they know him, as he volunteered as a Junior Leader for the last 3 summers; for they forwarded a hard copy of the application and we got it filled out and turned in. This behavior, which DH & I hope is shortlived, is affecting his school work too. I don't think that his grades have drastically dropped, but he definitely is not putting out his best work right now. Last night we attended Robert's Academic Achievement night where he received acknowledgement of his 4.0 from the 1st sememester...so, he can achieve it...only 2-1/2 months left of the school year, hang in there Robert!

Between the job application issue and getting everyone fed and around for the Honors evening, I didn't get a chance to sit and stitch. Tonight, though, I am hoping to get some time for tonight will be a repeat of Tuesday evening - just track for the boys afterschool and then nothing in the evening!

That's all from here. Hope you and your family are doing well. Until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I know what you mean about due dates. Up here it seems torralable to hand work in on the due date or past with only a slight penalty of a few marks. This has become acceptable to many of today's youth, but what an eye opener once they hit the real world, where penalization become dismissals and they are left in confusion because it was OK in college. hmmmm Back where I came from... 50 some years ago, a due date was just that, a due date, and it was a respected date at that...
Have a great day Lisa
As always

Natasha said...

My nephew was the same way at that age, he is now 17 and I think he is starting to understand the idea of deadlines... Way to go on his 4.0GPA :)

I spent a few days up in the Mountains where is was SUNNY which lead to great spring skiing and then I get to come down here and enjoy 81 degrees of beautiful sunny weather I am thrilled that the rain will soon be gone..

Your post about running makes me wanna get out there I think tonight I will go for a run, I am building up my distance I just started running again I can only go for about 1.5-2 miles. I hope you are able to get some stitching in Take Care!!