Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Entering into a little reprieve

Good morning fellow bloggers and good morning Tuesday.
Last night was "official" last night of hockey practice for the season - and at this moment I will express my gratitude for our rink hosting the Tier II PeeWee National Championships which start on Wednesday - for this means that all the ice time is designated to that tournament...otherwise, I am sure that Matthew would have had more practices this week. But, with the tournament taking over the rink, we will be without hockey practice until next Monday - as Matthew's post-season team is getting ready for the Chi-Town Shuffle in Chicago the weekend of April 14.

Anyway, without hockey means we can stay close to home - no driving the 75 mile round trip down to San Jose - which in turns means less gass usage...a money saver for a week. I'll take it - every little bit helps.

However, while we are without hockey practice...the boys are both participating in track, which is an afterschool activity. This is wonderful! For I don't have to pick them up until close to dinner time, which gives me more time after my job to come home and have some "me" time. Time I will definitely enjoy!

Speaking of things that were enjoyable...Sunday's CPR/First Aid class that I took with Robert was fun. Made for a long evening, but we had a good time. It was fun to learn along with Robert and to practice the CPR procedures with him. There have been some subtle changes to the procedure since I was certified last, but nothing drastic. I do have to say that he and I make a good team. With his upper body strength, he does some great compressions...and I can do the 2 quick puffs in between each of his 30 compressions. The new thing I did learn was how to use the AED machine and how to combine it with the CPR. Let's hope that we never have to use any of this...but it is nice to know that we can step into help if a situation arrises.

Other accomplishments in the last 24 hours: I was able to get into the medical lab yesterday morning to have my fasting blood work done, so now all my tests should be up to date...just waiting for all the results. I photographed and packaged up Sharon's ornament for the Ornament Exchange and will take it to the post office today; thus, it will make it into the mail before the deadline - YAHOO! And last night, during the last hockey practice, I vegged out and stitched on Family Sampler. I know, I owe ya'll a progress photo. I will try to get that taken and posted tomorrow.

Well, my friends that is all I have to ramble on about today. I hope all is well with you and your families! Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!


jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh, do you remember how to do the ME thing? It really never seems as if you get to do that except for the spinning in the early morning hours. Enjoy all you can get.
As always

Branlaadee said...

Enjoy this week! I hope you do get in some "me time". One of us should this week! Good job with the CPR cert. I should do that again. I let mine lapse.

Cant wait to see your stitching pictures!