Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Done with M&T...entering the WTF part of the week

Welcome Wednesday, I greet you this morning a little later than I had wanted, but never the less I am up and going. It was so nice to be home last night - I got the grill going and threw on some chicken and pork chop kabobs...added a side, a veggie and a fruit...and the boys enjoyed a nice, filling healthy meal after they both got back home from their school track practices. It is nice to take advantage of these evenings. Evenings that don't require a quick, microwaved meal before heading down to the hockey rink. A night that almost all of the family can be home at the dinner table together and talk over what is going on in school, at track, in our lives.

I say "almost all" of the family, because DH is still at *The Store* and works until after 7pm. Many will ask...why not wait for him so you can do a total family meal...well, the other benefit about no hockey practice is that boys can get their homework done right after track practice & dinner so that they can enjoy some quality time with DH and also get in bed before 9pm. We always hear stories about families who allow their teenage children to go to bed a lot later; and while there are many nights that ours don't hit the pillow until 10:30-11:30pm, they demand more sleep and choose to continue the routine of getting into bed before or around 9pm if they can.

And, without having to go anywhere last night...I came home from work and had a wonderful 12.5 mile jog/run. I completed this in less than 2hours...and was only .6 miles short of what could have been considered a 1/2 marathon. Oh, well next time. After the run, I had a good hour to nap before getting dinner around and picking up the boys from their respective school. In the evening, I got to sit and stitch while DH had to study for a Food Safety Test that he is taking today. All in all...it was a very nice evening.

Wednesday is upon us and I am looking forward to see what it will bring my way. On the calendar is Robert's Academic Honors Evening, which is his first one in High School...and hopefully one of many over the next 3-1/2 years.

I hope your Wednesday brings much health, happiness, love and peace of mind to you and yours. Until next time...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Holy crap a nice little run? For me a nice little run is 2 miles!