Thursday, March 17, 2011

May the Luck of the Irish be yours...


Happy St. Patrick's Day at the wee hour of the morn...I am up and about at the dark hour of 2am in order to get in a nice spin on the stationary bike before Matthew and I head to the airport for a 7am flight. Suitcase, hockey bag and stitching backpack all stuffed, ready for travel. I heard that the weather is nice and warm down in Phoenix, AZ - so I am definitely looking forward to hanging out in warmer weather today! Joanie, who commented on yesterday's blog, gave me a heads up to a great needlework store - Attic Needleworkwhich doesn't look like it is too far from Scottsdale (that is where we are staying with the team for the tournament). I will be without my own set of wheels during the weekend, but maybe I can borrow someone's car and take a field trip during the weekend ;).

It is weekends like this, even when I travel and it is filled with activity and preparation for hockey games, I do enjoy them...more so now then in years before. First, these weekends bring with it some "downtime", more than I get, or allow myself to take, when I am home. This is the time between activities when I can hang out in the room by myself or with my son or with a fellow hockey mom. Second, these weekends provide me with some one-on-one time with my son; as they continue to get older this time becomes more valuable. Lastly, where else can I go where someone else makes the bed, picks up the towels on the floor and cleans up after me???

Anyway...I am looking forward to getting away! And if I have free internect connection, I will keep you informed...if not, then I will catch up with you all when I get back! Until next time...

Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers—
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours—
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!
 
Take care...Lisa
 

4 comments:

Cole said...

Have a safe trip!!

CalamityJr said...

Sounds like another great weekend for you - enjoy!

Kathy A. said...

Make sure you go to the Attic. Went last week and dropped a serious chunk of change!!1

Conny said...

Have a safe and nice trip!