Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summertime is here...and new stash has arrived too!

As far as I am concerned, summer is here - as I define it's start with the boys out of school. Yesterday was their last day and as my previous post, we celebrated all the good things that came with its end (good grades, sports medals) with a take out meal while watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs (fun to see the sacred trophy handed to the youngest NHL team captain - Sidney Crosby).
Mother Nature hasn't decided that it is summer yet - as we have been starting the mornings here with a heavy cloud cover/foggy which comes in from the bay and sometimes doesn't burn off until early afternoon. The temps have been in the mid-60s to 70s. It really isn't too bad and I shouldn't complain, but thoughts of going to the pool next week aren't too exciting with cloud cover. Maybe things will change by Monday.

On the stitching side of things, I have been focused on stitching my Friendship Sampler RR and will be re-introducing that into the RR mail cycle. As I have been putting the finishing touches on my hearts to start this piece again, resentment creeps into my body when I think that my first RR is sitting in someone else's house (I have used the word "hostage" to explain this situation previously)...but as I will be putting in the last few stitches of the first hearts over the weekend, I will be able to "let go" of the resentment especially when it is all packaged up and on its way to Karen (the recipient of all my mailings for this RR). After my RR and Karin's RR are in the mail, next on my stitching list is to work on my L*K personal exchange I am doing with Heather - which is due in the mail on or before July 1. I have some ideas after reading her "wish" list...so that will be my start next week!

Well, I haven't been a saint when it has come to stash dieting lately. After 2 trips into my "not-so" LNS (one was Mother's Day, so I shouldn't count that as I believe that I deserved this gift, right?) and a couple of orders from 123stitch.com my stash has grown. However, some of the items I definitely needed - like the thread and patterns for the personal L*K exchange and the "big" L*K exchange . But is it is hard to rationize the other items I guess: both are from Little House Designs and have a watermelon theme. I eat a lot of watermelon - in fact at our local Safeway grocery store, they know me as the watermelon Lady. So, once I saw these I knew that I had to add them to my stash along with my L*K watermelon (July flip-it) and a few other watermelon themed designs. Crazy, huh? Oh well...








Anyway...first up - finish the RRs and get them in the mail. Next, work on Heather L*K exchange...then I should take out Hockey Rivalry (UFO) and stitch on that a little. Well, my plate is full so with that I will sign off now! Hope everyone has a good and productive summer weekend!
Remember - live, love, laugh and stitch often! Lisa

3 comments:

valerie said...

Nice new stash! Don't feel too bad about the RR. It's frustrating and sad but you're working hard on your new RR and it will be beautiful. Maybe that lady will come to her senses soon! Have a nice weekend!

CindyMae said...

Sorry bout the RR thing! Love the new stash!

Ela said...

The new stash : nice !!! Thank you for your PS ornament. I love it !!! Have a nice day, here the summer is installed : 31°C ! Very very hot for me :-( And my daugher continue her school... like all schoolchildren in France...