Monday, March 2, 2009

A Lit'l bit of Happiness for Monday Morning - An Attitude Adjustment

Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other person and then for ourselves.
~ Helen Keller
It is Monday Morning and I am up and going. I have finally been able to "will" myself to get out of bed and on the exercise bike. While I know that I haven't felt 100% since I have returned from Quebec, some of my issue with getting "up and going" was just do to my attitude. Every day, it seems, that my daily routine is boring...get up, exercise, shower, get breakfast around for the boys, make lunches for DH & boys, DH to work, boys to school...and then I go on to work. That is just my morning - the afternoons & evenings can fall within the "boring" category, too - either I have errands to run (grocery store and/or dry cleaners) in the afternoon before getting the boys from school...or there is hockey to get ready for in the evening. However, I do think that it is an attitude that I need to adjust.

So, this morning I asked myself..."What can I find to look forward to, in order to WILL myself to get out of bed." The first thing I thought of was BLOGS...I can catch up on other's blogs while I exercise on my stationary bike like I did before I went to Quebec. So - I found the bookmarked "The Big Blog of Stitching Blogs" and I started to go down the list, starting w
ith the Blogs that begin with an A and caught up on those (reading & commenting). After a while, I knew that I needed to catch up on my email correspondence with some friends and family...and get out the St. Patrick's Potato Bar Party Sign Up List for my younger son's classroom party. Now with those few things to keep my busy - one hour has just elapsed while I have been on the stationary bike - and I am feeling better. So - to keep me going, I am now up dating my Blog with the story of my attitude adjustment. I can reflect upon this when I struggle with mornings again...and maybe a reader will find inspiration in it for their life.


News on the Stitching Side of Life

I found something new, fun and small to stitch. In the Just Cross Stitch 2008 Special Christmas Issue "Christmas Ornaments" - I found "Frosty Friends" by Mosey 'N Me. I will post my progress, but thought I would post a photo of the pattern I was referring to. I was scanning my stitching magazines and this put a smile on my face. So, I did put my first few stitches in it last night.

Well, time to sign off now - either to pick up my book to read (Stealing Home by Sherryl Woods) or to do some more Blog reading.

I hope everyone finds a lit'l happiness in today. Just remember to Live, Love, Laugh and stitch often.
Lisa

1 comment:

Cindy F. said...

Great post Lisa! I really enjoyed reading it and can truly relate:)
I used to feel the same way every day...willing myself out of bed, dreading the routine of my day.
Since I started blogging, I get up, check several blogs, catch up on email...WILL myself to leave the computer....but feeling so inspired by everyone, like you, to hurry up with the boring stuff (chores) and get to the good stuff (stitching, reading, anything besides chores!)
Have a blessed week and thank you for sharing:)