Tuesday, December 16, 2008

WIP - Shoo Fly "Quilt" Needlework Update

Well, I have been making progress on my needlework lately. I have finished the 2nd purple "shoo fly" pattern (the one in the right hand corner) and I am now finishing up the 2nd red one. Between having some sleepless nights and a few days where I just don't feel like doing anything (except for sitting down and stitching) I have been able to make headway.

I think that I will probably do one more row on the bottom, yet I haven't determined what the color scheme will be. In the meantime, I have been looking through different books and searching several websites trying to figure out what I can do with the squares that have been left in between each "shoo fly". When I took the field trip to my favorite needlework shop, I picked up some star buttons, which I think I will incorporate into it. Well...I am sure I will come up with something. That is the fun of doing needlework.

No comments: