Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Early Morning Update on Life

Boy, the last couple of days has been crazy - it is either wearing me down or my body feels the need to go into hibernation. I find myself sleeping in; the mix between the cool sheets on the comfortable bed and the warm air of the room make it very difficult to get up. So, this is the first morning I have been able to get out of bed and exercise before the rest of the house wakes up.

I finally made headway on the second purple "Shoo-Fly" block but not as much as I had hoped to. Monday's hockey schedule found me driving back and forth from 2 different rinks and sitting in traffic inbetween; and last night was the school project night. Robert had to make an extended family tree and pasting it on a poster board where an African Tree was drawn. We were scrounging around for some photos of Steve's family at the last minute. They were kind enough to email some over the weekend, but after a few moments of frustrated tears due to the pictures not being the same size, I opened the photo stash and found some old photos of the Durst family. Matthew's project consisted of making a book jacket book-report. He chose to read: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. His tears of frustration came when he had to draw the picture on the front and his mice didn't look as well as he had hoped. But, by 10pm last night, all projects were completed to the best of their ability and everyone was in bed.

With projects behind us, I was able to get out of bed and on the exercycle this morning...and tonight I am looking forward to vegging at the rink during Matthew's practice with my xstitch in hand. Love to all!

No comments: