Sunday, December 21, 2008

Status of "Shoo Fly"

I have been able to make some progress on the Shoo Fly quilt-like project I have been working on. The second red block on the right hand side isn't quite done. I took it with me on Friday to work on while Robert was getting his hair cut and left the red floss at home, therefore I couldn't finish it...so that is why the second green block has been started instead. For the bottom row, I am thinking about doing purple, green, blue, purple...interchanging green and blue, but keeping purple on the corners. Thought that would give it some balance. I decided not to repeat orange and yellow any where, leaving them as a center point. I have come up with an idea for the little squares the pattern has been leaving...thinking about doing a design using black. Not sure what the design will be yet, but thought by using black it would offset the colors.
A couple of weeks ago, when Matthew and I made the field trip to my favorite needlework store in Alameda, I found this book. It contains a lot of great ideas of stitches and designs to do within a 12x12 box. I thought that this would give me some great inspiration for the above project I am working on. Maybe even give me some ideas of what to stitch in those boxes. If not, this is something that I can definitely savior in my stash for another project that I will dream up one day. That is the fun about adding to ones' stash - to have ideas available at all times for new and different projects.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the condolences for my Granpa. And in turn, I'm very sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I'm sure your Christmas and holiday season will be just as bittersweet as mine.

Your Shoo Fly project is quite interesting. Very colorful!