Thursday, January 23, 2014

Creativity...

Creativity comes form the spiritual realm, the collective consciousness. And the mind is in a different realm than the molecules of the brain. The brain is a receiver, not a source. 
~ Candace Pert

Today's meditation from livinglifefully.com talked about creativity, which I found very interesting. It asked the question...
Do you let something "happen through you" or do you try to "make it happen"?

I know I have tried both approaches. I know when I try to force things, they don't always work out like I had hoped or expected and then I am disappointed. When I relax and let things happen without force or stress, they work out. So I guess there is a lesson there...

This meditation comes at a good time...in relation to my Torah Portion. First of all, here is where I am on stitching my portion:
Obviously I haven't had much time since to stitch on it since the last time I posted a status photo. But my mind has been in total creative thinking about how I want to make this portion stand out...how do I want to make this mine? As one of the 1463 stitchers of this international project, we all have the option of adding a border around the hebrew words - stitching a border on the sides and the bottom. 

Since my Torah Portion is of Moses kneeling in front of the burning bush conversing with G-d, I would love to create a border that represents flames and maybe even stitch a burning bush or large flame at the bottom of the piece. So, which I still have a lot of stitching to do before I add any color or border, my mind is going 100 miles per hour thinking about a design. Does your brain ever to this? Does it keep you up at night?

To help picture what my piece might look like with a border, the organizers of the International Torah Stitch by Stitch project have started a slide show of finish pieces...they are beautiful. If you would like to see what some of the pieces look like, click on this link. They are definitely inspiring.

If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. 
Angels whisper to us when we go for walks.
~Raymond Inman

Well, time to get my walk/jog in this morning so maybe I can sit and stitch tonight. 
Until next time, take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Good for you for getting in on the Torah stitch!

I often tell people that for me stitching is like meditation.