Monday, October 3, 2011

Mumbling on a Monday - thoughts of a give-a-way and more

Don’t let the opinions of other people determine the image you have of yourself.
There is no need to feel either appreciated or understood.
Be even-minded. What you think about yourself is everything.
What others think about you has no value at all, unless you choose to give it value.
~Shantidasa



The calendar says October, so I guess I should just expect the showers to start coming. The rainy season seems to be starting already with a couple of storms coming over the ocean and should hit this area a little later today...probably see the most rain around my drive time down to the rink and then back later tonight. Go figure...

However, the rain stayed away throughout the weekend allowing us to enjoy a couple of nice family meals. Got the grill going, making some nice Tri-Tip with a spicy marinade I got from Trader Joe's and basic cheese burgers for those who were not interested in trying the Tri-Tip. Fresh green beans, brussel sprouts, Asian Pears and Honey Crisp Apples rounded out the meal. Not bad!  I love to take advantage of the non-hockey evenings like this - making a nice meal for us to enjoy as well as just get together as a family and catch up. Between school, work and the hockey activities times like this are too few and far inbetween, so any chance I get to have them is definitely priceless!!!

This is Entry #461...I just realized that I am getting close to my 500th post. Only 39 more posts to go. I should be able to hit that big number by November...maybe I can write my 500th post on my 3rd blog-oversary (which is coming up in 56 days)...and maybe, just maybe I might have 100 followers by my 3rd blog-oversary...then I might, yes, I just might have to have a give a way to celebrate. That sounds like a mighty fine idea, don't you think?
So stay tuned for the announcement of the
3-100-500 Celebration Give-a-way
Details to be announced on 9-10-11 (Oct. 9, 2011)

Well, that is about all for now. Hope you had a good weekend and that your week ahead provides you much love and happiness! Until next time, remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

4 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Excellent inspiration,and very appropriate of late. Thanks for sharing.
Be always in stitches

CalamityJr said...

That meal sounds delicious; glad you could have some family sit-down time!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Oh my goodness, all the food sounds amazing!!! If you want, you are more than welcome to send all the rain you want to me here in Texas!! WE need it so badly!

Will be looking forward to your upcoming giveaway!!