Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happiness...

Post #463 - 51 days until blogoversary - 87 followers and counting...

Tomorrow I will announce the 3(year) - 500(post) - 100(follower) blogoversary give-a-way.
Stay Tuned!

Up and going early on a Saturday morning, for it is going to be a busy day and I am grateful to have gotten up out of bed early and on the stationary bike. Getting in a good spin before starting out the day tends to start me off in a good mood...then it is just up to me to continue the feeling.

DH and I will be swapping roles this weekend...I will be manning the stores, making sure that everything is running smoothly, while he will be playing Hockey Taxi. Robert (older son) has a morning practice and Matthew (younger son) has 2 games today...tomorrow they both have games. It will be nice to take a break from the hockey craziness for a day or two...allows me to appreciate it and not just tolerate it.

The foundation of happiness is mindfulness.
The basic condition for being happy is our consciousness of being happy.
If we are not aware that we are happy, we are not really happy.
When we have a toothache, we know that not having a toothache is a wonderful thing. But when we do not have a toothache, we are still not happy.
A non-toothache is very pleasant.
There are so many things that are enjoyable, but when we don’t practice mindfulness, we don’t appreciate them.
When we practice mindfulness, we come to cherish these things and we learn how to protect them.
By taking good care of the present moment, we take good care of the future.
Working for peace in the future is to work for peace in the present moment.
 ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Last night I stitched the last corner of the Family Sampler Pea Pod vine of the border. Now I just need to finish the right hand-side...to meet up where I began...which shouldn't take too long, and then I will snap a status photo to show you. It will be nice to have this part completed.

Who are the happiest people on earth?
A craftsman or artist whistling over a job well done.
A little child building sand castles.
A mother, after a busy day, bathing her baby.
A doctor who has finished a difficult and dangerous operation, and saved a human life.
Happiness lies in a constructive job well done.
Get your happiness out of your work or you will never know what happiness is.
~Elbert Hubbard

Last night, neither of the boys had hockey so we were able to have a quiet night at home. DH did need to make a delivery of a last minute order "over the hill" (that is the term we use for any order that has to be delivered over the Dublin hill into the Oakland area) and took Robert with him so that they could stop at one of their favorite burger joints called Jerry's Beefburgers. Matthew and I enjoyed food at home. They did get home around 6:15pm, so the "boys" played a computer game together while I stitched. It was so nice to be home together.

Well my friends, I hope that you find some Happiness in your Saturday, as well as the rest of the weekend. I hope that you will join me tomorrow when I announce what the give-a-way will be. Until then, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Sounds like you've started a contented weekend. Good for you - enjoy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Persuing Happiness is a great idea! I'm hoping for a happy day today with my family over for Thanksgiving dinner (eek!)

Boy your Hockey Boys and your business sure keep you guys busy!!!

MoonBeam said...

Nice insights on happiness. It sounds like you were living it last night.

Bobbi

valerie said...

Have a happy weekend! Love that Snoopy image. :)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Early congratulations on reaching your 500th post!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Will be on the lookout for that upcoming giveaway!! Love the Snoopy and the happiness words!!!