Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to the weekly routine

Well, our 4 day holiday weekend (boys had school off on Friday and I don't work on Fridays) really wasn't one for resting up - for around here:
HOLIDAY = HOCKEY

However, in between the games or when I stayed back with one of the boys as they slept in before their game, I did get some stitching done. Unfortunately it is for the Ornament Swap I am part of (working on Angela's ornament), so I cannot show it to you right now. Technically September is my month to receive the lovely ornaments from the other members, so I don't really have to be stitching it right now...as Angela's ornaments don't have to be sent out until the end of November. But I thought I would get a start on it because this time of the year tends to go by pretty quick - also I just needed a little break from Mary Wigham.

School in the day time, hockey in the evening and homework until the late hours of the night seem to be our routine right now. At least the practice schedule for both boys seem to be settling into a pattern which helps them with their time management skills - planning ahead. Which is really good because the school projects are starting up already. Matthew has to do a report on the 7 wonders (pictures, a paragraph for each wonder, cover sheet and bibliography) and Robert has to create a geometry photo album. I am hoping that I can get the boys to get some parts of their projects done over this coming weekend because the first travel tournaments are coming up the weekend of September 17 (plane ride = stitching time...yahoo!).

Well, I thought I would just check in this morning. Hope everyone out there is doing well!
Take care and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch (when you can) often!
Lisa

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm not blinking because I'm afraid it will be Christmas if I do....
hang in there, I've said it before, I know but I 'm going to say it again, you have two kids and I have four and you are much more busy than I am. Take your vitamins and get your flu shot!

Daffycat said...

Good planning for the exchange. I always have such grand plans then the holiday "season" begins and reality hits!

Your ornament was mailed today!