Sunday, August 29, 2010

A hockeymom's day

"Yep...we are getting back into it, eh?" As Cole, another hockeymom, commented on my last post yesterday (I added the word "eh"). Yep...School...Hockey....Hockey...School...Hockey, again...it has begun :) And when we aren't at the rink, for the kids might actually have a day/evening without practice, there is always the drills - shooting, puck handling - that take place in the garage.
Matthew working on his stick handling skills while balancing on a board
(board is held up by 2 hockey pucks stacked up on eachother)
Yesterday, while Robert (older son) and DH were at the 3-on-3 hockey jamboree/tournament, Matthew and I were at home. After getting some of the basic household errands accomplished, we then had time to go out into the garage to work on his hockey skills. Normally this has been the kind of thing that DH did with the boys every morning during the summer; while I was at work. So, this was my first time working with Matthew and I had to pass him the puck for one of the drills, so that he could shoot it into the net.  I was told that I did a pretty good job at passing...well...that is after Matthew gave me a lesson on "how to pass the puck without slapping it".
Like they say, "you learn something new every day" :)

Well, after the choas at the rink yesterday, with Robert's 3-on-3 team registration not getting submitted, the rink adminstration handled it wonderfully and the boys were able to play 5 (30 minute) scrimmages. And I think that they had a good time, but it did make for a long day - they left at 7:30am and didn't get home until 5pm.

In between the household errands, helping with Matthew's hockey garage workout, I did manage to sit down for a while and put some stitches into Mary Wigham yesterday. I am just about done with another little motif and will probably be able to post a photo of it soon.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

No comments: