Saturday, August 28, 2010

The end of the week

A Look Back at last week...

The first week of school is in the books and both boys had a good week getting use to their new schools and schedules.

Matthew (younger son) not only mastered his school locker combination, but also got use to having a PE locker too...and is able to remember 2 locker combos.

I, too, am getting use to my "new" schedule of taking Robert (older son) to high school before 8am and then going into work, where I have increased my hours to 20/wk.

Tuesday and Wednesday the temps were hovering 105 degrees outside, thus causing us to close windows and turn on the AC.

Thursday and Friday, Mother Nature decided to roll in the fog bank again and turn on nature's AC - with temps back in the 70s our windows have been thrown open and our AC is off.

Hockey practice schedules have seem to be settling on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for Matthew...and Monday, Thursday and the weekend for Robert...which makes it easy to start scheduling life for the family and the boys can manage their homework.

I pulled out Mary Wigham a couple of times, but haven't made any more progress than what I posted earlier in the week.


Now the weekend is here and seemed to have started off with some chaos...I registered Robert and a few of his hockey friends for a little 3-on-3 hockey tournament (something that we have done over the last 5 years - it is not part of the hockey season, just a fun event that the rink does 2x a year). Well, long-story-short, the team didn't get registered. However because the schedule had another team listed with the same team-name, we made the assumption that Robert's team was registered. Well, at 9am, when Robert's team should have been out on the ice another team was out there - yikes - with me here at home and DH down there handling everything, he did track down the people who were handling the tournament so it sounds like they were able to put some games together for the boys to play. But, OMG, do I feel foolish.

Typically, when I register for something like this, I email the registration applications to the people handling the tournament and follow up with an email. But with the start of school, work and other family things going on this week I forgot to follow up to make sure that we were registered, but when I pulled up the schedule on Thursday, I saw that the team-name was listed - so I assumed that everything we "ok". Well, I guess I should never assume for I can make an A$$ out of U and ME, or at least me :( Oh, well it sounds like they got some games, but I just feel foolish that it happend.

That is really the only event that we have going this weekend, aside from Robert's hockey team practice tomorrow. So, for the most part it will just be a quiet weekend at home.

Hope your day is going well and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!

1 comment:

Cole said...

Getting back into it hey?!? They say there's no rest for the wicked, at some point we must have been very, very bad! LOL! We were at the rink for over 20 hours this week too, and my daughter decided she should play, yay!