Saturday, August 21, 2010

Attacking life with a positive attitude

Dear blogging friends - your comments and support over whelm me each and every time. As I have mentioned several times since I have started blogging, I find typing words and posting thoughts a wonderful way of journalling for me. Not all of my posts get comments, not all of my posts are about stitching, not all of my posts are interesting...but they are a representation of me. My last post was a journal of all that I have accomplished to get the school year and hockey season organized in my house hold. The comments I received were so apprecitated as you all acknowledge the hard work, effort and time it takes to juggle family, work, personal time and life in general. Yes life is busy and it does seem amazing when I do find time to sit and stitch or even go to the bathroom :) But while it is busy - the word I like to use is: FULL. My life is FULL...of activity, of support, of love, of life, of laughter...and I truely believe that as long as I can attack it with a positive attitude, all can be accomplished.

Speaking of accomplishments...yesterday I sat and read a lot after getting home from work. I have been reading the Sweet Magnolia series by Sherryl Woods. During the summer she came out with 3 new books in the series, which I requested from our local library...and when they are on the "hold" shelf I get an email to go check them out. Well, long story - short...one of the books was over due and I was only 1/2 through it; and because it has a request on it I couldn't renew it...so I spent most of the afternoon laying in bed reading - something that I haven't done in a long time. But the good news is, I did finish it and can take it back today and clear up my library account :) With that book complete, I am moving onto the next in the series: "Sweet Tea at Sunrise"...which I also have to finish quickly because I just checked out "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I requested "The Help" 3 months ago and it finally got to the "hold" shelf for me to pick up. I have it only 3 weeks...so I need to get reading.

So on that note...I will sign off and get in a little reading while I am on the stationary bike this morning. Hopefully I will make a lot of headway so I can get in a little stitching today too.

Take care you all, and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often
(unless you have library books that are almost over due)
Lisa

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, don't worry about finding time to read "The Help". You'll not be able to put it down once you open it. It's fantastic. Hope you love it like I did.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I love that your life is full, what a wonderful outlook. So when I wish you enough you will understand.
Be always in stitches.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I understand full AND I understand a positive mental attitude, not to mention how much better life goes with that sort of mind set! Good for you!

Ania said...

money maker for free
Free offshore
all movies streaming absolutely free
Comedy Streaming movies