Friday, July 30, 2010

It is Friday - yahoo!


I thought I would start out my Friday post with a status snap of "Eat, Sleep, Stitch", especially the band at the bottom I have been working on this week. The pattern for this (information regarding the pattern can be found on my post titled: Tuesday) does call for all cross-stitches, but I have been having fun playing with some specialty stitches, which might show up in the photo (you might be able to click on it to enlarge if interested). I think that they are called Rhodes Stitch (?).
I have also been playing around with the size of the x-stitches...the majority of the motif-band design was stitched 2-over-2, with some stitched 1-over-1. So, again just having fun using some different stitches, while using some quaker-like motif patterns I have in my stash, to create my own sampler-of-sorts around the inital "Eat, Sleep, Stitch" design.
Did any of that make sense?

So, we find ourselves at Friday...the end of the week and the end of another month. We will say 'good-bye' to July and 'hello' to August over the weekend...and with the beginning of August, the smell of change is growing stronger. Summer camp for the boys will be concluding soon, the first hockey practices will be starting up, paperwork and dues for the upcoming school year will be turned in. And when the sun comes up on August 24th and the school bell rings - summer vacation will be over.

But let's not rush it, for we still have 3.5 weeks left - which we plan to enjoy and make the best of every moment!
I hope that you can find enjoyment in every moment today, tomorrow and beyond.
Until next time, remember:
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Love this - great job!

Jude said...

Absolutely gorgeous I love the colours and the flower at the end is beautiful, jude