Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy 19th Anniversary

Nineteen years ago, I felt like Cinderella - wearing a gorgeous gown of white satin, being surrounded by Maids of Honors, flowers girls, friends and family...walking down the aisle to meet up with my Prince...
It is amazing to think back to the beginnings...meeting him the first week of our freshman year in college...dating all the way through. We did have our ups and downs, just like all dating couples did, but we stuck it out and got engaged 2 months after college graduation. Our engagement took place on a trip to New Orleans, where he lived and worked (got a great job right out of college)...all the arrangements made for a surprise proposal.

On July 20, 1990 we went to visit Nottoway Plantation for a simple tour - or so I thought. Little did I know this was were he would wip out the engagement ring and propose. I felt like a princess then, a princess on our wedding day (April 7, 1991)...and he has continued to make me feel special everyday.

Today, I look back at all that we have accomplished and been through together; I am grateful to have him in my life and share all the goodness I feel, especially the beauty of our growing sons who I believe exemplify the love we have for eachother!

Happy Anniversary DH! I love you!

11 comments:

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I wish you a Wonderful Anniversary and Many Happy Returns.

Lainey said...

Lovely post, wonderful pictures!
Congratulations to you both on your Wedding Anniversary.

Branlaadee said...

Such a sweet story! Congratulations again!

Jude said...

Congratulations to you both!

Carolyn NC said...

Such a sweet story and more pages to come. Congratulations!

Angela said...

Wishing you both a wonderful anniversary :)

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary and many more!!

Siobhán said...

What a beautiful post. Happy anniversary, with best wishes for many years of continued happiness. :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A lovely post and tribute to a lovely marriage :)
CONGRATULATIONS!

Natasha said...

Happy anniversary to you guys. What a beautiful stroy :) "CHEERS" to mant more wonderful years!!