Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wake Up Call

How could one snooze through the highly anticipated wedding between Prince William and the new-Princess Catherine? DH and the boys thought I was crazy last night when I said that I needed to get to bed so that I could wake up at 1:30am in order to watch the wedding.

Boys: "That's crazy mom...to wake up and watch a wedding."

Me: "But it is a Royal wedding...it is like a fairy tale, something that girls love. Can't I just be a girl for one day? Can't I wake up in the early hours of the morning to do something besides exercise?"

Boys: "I suppose it is ok. But you can only be a girl tomorrow."

So, I was girly this morning; waking up at 1:30am...laying under the sporting blanket on the couch (while the others in my house hold were snoring away). With the TV on mute, so as I wouldn't wake everyone else up, I read the comments by the anchors on the BBC America who did a wonderful job of bringing us the wedding w/o any silly comments that the American stations were offering.

Catherine was absolutely beautiful and held herself with a lot of confidence as she walked down the red carpet to her awaiting prince. I believe that I caught all the ceremony, but unfortunately fell asleep before the first kiss (but I have already seen it several times as all the stations are showing repeats of the event).


May Prince William and Princess Catherine have a long, healthy and happy live together...May they live happily ever after...as all the fairy tales end with!

Take care and enjoy your Royal Friday...and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often
Lisa

1 comment:

Bev said...

i loved watching the royal wedding and i live next door to a church and stupid as this sounds they rang their church bells throughout the ceremony and it was like we were there( well kind of but it did make it more weddingy lol)