Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday's Madness

Boy, my bed just had a hold on me this morning and wasn't letting go. My 4:30am alarm went off, only to receive a slap on the "off" button. I saw 5:30am come and go...as well as 6:30am. Figured that the boy got to sleep in due to spring vacation, so it was ok for me too; however I did have to go into work today. Up and out the door by 8:10am, I left the boys to deal with their own breakfast leaving a little list of "to do's".

While at work I did get a text message from Robert...

"Matthew's annoying me"

was what it said. But a phone home didn't receive any answer - figured either they worked it out or wrestled long enough to wear themselves out. I did finally receive confirmation that they were both alive and unharmed, but this time found out that Robert wasn't helping Matthew make a pizza. He needed to have a mid-morning meal before walking to school for an optional Spring Vacation track practice. Home from work at 1:15, I picked up Robert to do some grocery shopping before I had to pick up Matthew from track. Now home...all are sane, well as sane as possible when it comes to spring vacation at home. At least we have hockey practice this evening...

Just was reading the Ornament Swap blog and found out that Sharon received the ornament I made for her. With that confirmation, I can now share with you what I stitched:
I found this pattern in the Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament 2006 edition. It is called Winter's Eve by designer Nikki Leeman from Country Cottage Needleworks. I stitched it on 28ct evenweave (from my fabric stash). For the thread, I substituted GAST colors for all but the sheep, which I stitched in fuzzy thread (sheep need to be fuzzy, don't they?). I finished it off like a little pillow with a beaded tassel on the bottom.
I really enjoyed stitching this and finishing it. Anytime I want to keep what I have created, I feel that it turned out good. And Sharon, you almost didn't get this one :)

Next up in the Ornament Swap is Angela...it is due to be mailed out on or before May 31. I have a little time to research something for her, stitch it up and finish it...so I will probably focus on Family Sampler for a while!

On to another topic really quick...got all the results back from my tests I took during my physical...all the basic female tests, mammograph, blood pressure, cholestrol, glucose tests, etc came back normal and healthy! Yahoo, that is always a relieve to get the results back especially those kind. So now it is just a matter of keeping up the good work...exercise, eating healthy, laughing, loving, friends and family!

Until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Great news on your tests! That is always such a relief, even when you don't think anything is wrong. Love your exchange ornament - love sheep! Keep enjoying spring break!

Daffycat said...

Great job keeping healthy, Lisa!

I love the ornament so much...I can see why you'd be tempted to "steal" it! lol!

Branlaadee said...

Beautiful ornament! You did a great job!

Congrats on the tests too!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Congrats on the test results. Funny how kids tend to resolve issues among themselves eh? Love the ornament Lisa, very pretty.
As always

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi Lisa - that is a lovely stitched piece of work. Very neat and beautifully put together. I really enjoy looking at your work. Michelle x