Monday, June 14, 2010

First week of summer vacation

With the boys out of school, I guess you can say that summer vacation has started. Nevertheless, with DH home, I will be able to keep my "normal" routine of getting up in the mornings, working out and then going into work...leaving Mr. Mom home with the boys in the morning. In summers past, when DH was working, I would flip my work hours to afternoon while the boys attended an afternoon summer camp. The boys will still attend an afternoon camp, which starts up in a few weeks...so I guess I will get those afternoons to spend with my DH :)

This week brings some travelling before those summer camps start. Robert (older son) and I will be leaving in a couple of days, heading to Minnesota. He is on a summer hockey team who will be playing in a tournament there. We are actually going in a few days early to spend some time with one of my sisters and her family...the rest of my family is on vacation in South Carolina and are "bummed" as they will miss us when we get to town. I am also trying to set up some "get togethers" with old high school mates (I grew up in MN) whom I have re-connected with via Facebook.

On the stitching side of things...I finished the other patriotic heart (didn't have time to take a photo of it this morning, but will try to do that soon) and started on my Ornament Swap exchange. The next exchange for this group is due to be mailed the end of July, so I thought since MW was kind of taking a nap that I would get a start on this exchange so that I didn't feel the need to rush it. It also makes it easier to pack small stitching projects for a plane ride than larger one.

Did you notice the subtle changes to the look of my blog? Blogger has come up with new design templates as well as an advanced way to change the look and feel of the blog. They even have 3 column layouts...which I tried and it just didn't look right; I probably need to play around with some of the font sizes and column sizes more if I want to go with 3 columns. Anyway, as I was searching through the pre-created background designs I found the one that had watermelons...and that is one fruit I eat a lot of! I love watermelon! At our local grocery store I have become known as the "watermelon lady" for I don't walk out of there without at least 2-3 large watermelons. And I have been known to help customers choose watermelons while standing in the produce section - I thumb the watermelon and listen for that hollow sound, then pick it up to make sure that it feels slightly heavy.

Well...enough rambling for today. Hope you have a great week! Remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often! Lisa

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like you will be very busy over Summer vacation time! I love Watermelons too but they don't love me :) That doesn't stop me from enjoying it though! I look forward to seeing your ornament for July.