Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A gift for me...and the "official" birthday boy

I don't know if you will remember, but I have been (and still am) a participant in the L*K exchange. Round 2 was due in the mail around Thanksgiving...and I did complete mine and sent it to the assigned exchange partner. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the exchange partner hasn't acknowledged receiving what I had created & sent, nor did she send anything to me (it seems that we were eachother's partner). Because I am well aware of "risks" associated with participating in exchanges, I got over it and signed up for Round 3 - I love the people I meet through these exchanges and I love to stitch & finish & share with others. Nevertheless, an Angel Stitcher contacted me and let me know that I will not be forgotten...so without further ado, here is what the mailperson delivered to me yesterday:




"Life's a picnic" by Lizzie Kate
Stitched and finished as a pinkeep by my Angel Stitcher (Lisa V)
And I found the perfect place to show it off...on my little wall shelf with my fruit and vegetable dishwear. This design is so me! Watermelons...strawberries...pears...well, I live on Watermelons (as long as the grocery store has them in stock; we seem to be at a low point right now).
Thank you Lisa...while you definitely didn't have to do this, I so appreciate it and love my new addition to my kitchen shelf, where I will be able to enjoy it every day!

The Bithday Boy


Well, my oldest turned 14 years old yesterday. It is hard to believe. I still remember the day/evening that he arrived...fourteen years ago. I looked like I had swallowed a watermelon, and this is before I ate as much watermelon as I do now. After going into the dr for a check up and complaining that I was getting so big, they decided to do an ultrasound which showed that I would be delivering a baby between 9 to 12 lbs (and I am a pretty small person: 5'3" tall and pre-preg weight was 102...when I was pregnate with Robert I gained 60 pounds). So I was scheduled to be induced the next day; and after 16 hours I had a 9lb 2oz bouncing baby boy. It was one of the most incredible things that I ever experienced (until 3.5 years later when Matthew came along). I am very proud of Robert and all that he has accomplished in his 14 years. I pray that he continues to find excitement and enjoyment in life, learning and physical activity. I feel so blessed that he is in my life!
Happy Birthday Robert!

Robert (now 14years old) and Matthew (10.5 years old)

Have a great day and remember...
Lisa, Love, Laugh and Stitch often - Lisa

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!

The exchange looks really nice. Great work.

Mel said...

A great exchange.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Happy Birthday to Robert and your shelf is now complete and beautiful.
Be always in stitches

Catherine said...

Lovely exchange and what a perfect spot!

Happy birthday to your son! Time flies doesn't it?

Angela said...

Happy Bday to your son! Love the LK Angel exchange :) I hate it when people don't follow through with exchanges, I think it's just plain rude to not even acknowledge an exchange rec'd. Hopefully it won't happen again :)

valerie said...

Happy Birthday to Robert!
That was very nice of Lisa V to Angel stitch for you. It looks great displayed with your other fruit dishware.

Carolyn NC said...

Happy Birthday to Robert! Great pics of both of them. Love the gift from your angel stitcher - awesome!

Blu said...

Happy birthday to Robert!

The LK is adorable, and your display is awesome.

Meari said...

Happy Birthday to your DS! He looks really happy in the photo. :) Love the hat!

What a nice flatfold you received. Sorry to hear your partner was a bad, bad girl.

DaisyGirl said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I love the hat he is wearing!
Love what Lisa stitched for you, what a great angel stitcher she was.
Hugs,
DaisyGirl

Lisa V said...

Lisa, I'm soo pleased that you liked what I chose to stitch for you. I had no idea that you loved watermelon or had a fruitware display shelf, so how amazing that I chose this design for you. You must have been sending some wicked vibes over the ocean.
Hope you future LK exchanges are a more enjoyable experience!
Hugs LISA V

Anonymous said...

Thank you leaving a comment on my blog. You have some wonderful stitching; love the snowman ornament you made for the exchange. Your boys looks so handsome and looks like they would be fun guys!!! My daughter's bday was the 12th but she turned 18. Can't believe my baby is 18!!!!!!!!! It goes so fast!