Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally a finish to post and just a weekend update

Good day blogger friends,
I hope that you all had a good weekend. Ours here was very nice...and I will share a little of the activites in just a bit, but thought I would post a stitching photo first (YAHOO!). I saw that Lori received the L*K Rnd3 I stitched and finished for her. So without further ado, here is what I stitched:

L*K..."Love"
Fabric: Pink/Maroon-ish color...something I had in my statsh
Thread...used the colors called for, but added a little JAB heart button in place of a stitched design

I saw this pattern when I was shopping in NiaH last month and, knowing that I had a L*K exchange to stitch, decided that it would be perfect for Round 3 which was so close to February. According to Lori's post on the L*K blog, her wedding anniversary is also in Feb - so my decision to go with this pattern sounds like it was a good one!

Well, that is one exchange that made it to it's new home...as soon as Sharon shares that she received the ornament from the ornament exchange we are doing, I will post that one soon. At this time, I am still model stitching for CindyMae, who just announced that she will be published 2x this year in The Cross Stitcher magazine - August and September. I am so excited for her. When I first met her via blogging, she was creating free designs and then started working on some to sell via internet. Soon we became friends and I started to stitch some of the models for her so that she can upload photos of what the design will look like.  The design I am working on right now is called "Doggone Napping" and it is a counter part to "Cat Nap":



Again, I am so excited for her and everything she has accomplished in the short amount of time! Congratulations Cindy!

Ok...now that I finally had a stitching post going, I thought I would also (bore you)...here are a couple of photos of Robert from his tournament in Seattle over MLK weekend - this is the tournament that he and his hockey team - San Jose Jr. Sharks Bantam AAA - won.






Hockey filled our Sunday yesterday, with both boys playing games. Robert (older son, pictured above) had 2 "league" games versus the LA Jr. Kings Bantam AAA; Robert's team defeated them in both games....Way to go Sharks! And Matthew (younger son) had an evening game, which they won as well. Good outcome to a great hockey Sunday!

Hope you are having a good Monday! The boys are off of school so we are all relaxing today!
Until the next time...remember:
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

5 comments:

Janaina said...

Loooooove LK! Great finish! =)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hi Lisa, I love the L*K and may just pull that one out for DH for next month.
Be always in stitches.

Carolyn NC said...

Love the finish!

Lainey said...

Gorgeous finish!

valerie said...

Cute L*K finish! Love the fabric!