Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Winter Windy December Day

My parents called from Minnesota to let me know that it has snowed and it is cold, so I guess I don't have anything to complain about when it is 50 degrees here in the Bay Area of Northern California...but the winds are beginning to howl and the forecast is for dropping temps to the scheduled nightly lows of 28-35 degrees. Although, I guess I still don't have too much to complain about :)

I had a nice 9 mile walk/jog this morning. The wind wasn't quite in my favor today as it was hitting me in the face when I was going up hill and pushing my behind when I was going down. But it felt good to get outdoors; something that I really haven't been able to do for about 2 weeks due to business.


Walking exercises the whole person.  It exercises the body-- it gives the arms and legs a workout.  It stimulates the flow of blood; expands the lungs.  It is gentle and relaxing.  It exercises the mind-- it shakes up the brain cells.  It fills them with oxygen;  drives out the cobwebs.  A famous scientist says he does his best thinking on the two miles of sidewalk between his home and office.  Walking exercises the emotions.  It gives you a chance to observe and enjoy the world.  Open your eyes to beauty.  See the homes, the trees, the gardens.  See the shining faces of little children.  Listen for the church chimes, singing birds and the laughter of happy people.                ~ Wilferd A. Peterson
 Nothing else really exciting here, so I won't bore you too much!

Until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I agree about the walking, it helped me two years ago pull myself out of a bout of depression. And I've been faithful with it everyday for the past two years, its a fantastic exercise.

stitchersanon said...

I love walking...got me through chemo and will hopefully stop it coming back...helps mentally and certainly makes me feel better afterwards!