Thursday, December 5, 2013

Crazy Crazy morning and an exciting stitching project called the Torah Stitch by Stitch

A day in the life of a hockey team manager...6am, my alarm goes off...time to get up in order to get everyone around. No, the boys aren't going to school today for both have a hockey tournament in opposite directions of the US. Robert going to Minnesota and Matthew flying off to Texas. 

But wait...my email box is filled with emails. Not all are ads for holiday savings at local stores and internet website...there is one from VirginAmerican...Matthew's flight to Dallas is cancelled due to forecasted winter weather coming. Ugh!

Not only does this affect him, but all 15 of his teammates, 2 coaches and 5 chaperones. So many phone calls, emails, texts...researching other options...talking to the tournament director...the decision was made to change the flight to tomorrow in hopes that things will be fine. Emails sent out to all the players' families to alert them regarding the flight change (they all were able to change and get on the early Friday flight - yeah!)...phone call to the hotel to change reservation for arrival tomorrow...phone call to the van rental to change the reservations for the team vans...all done.

Now we wait to see what transpires with the Dallas weather and if it will affect our early morning Friday flight. 

Nothing like a little scramble of chaos to start one's Thursday morning. None of the players were happy, of course, because they had to go to school today..ha, ha, ha.

__________________________________

On another note, something much more exciting...

A few months back, one of my stitching Facebook friends posted information about a really neat cross stitch project called the Torah Stitch by Stitch - an international project. She posted a photo of herself, sitting in her favorite stitching chair stitching hebrew letters on a piece of fabric. Intrigued, I followed the link and read about this international project and was totally fascinated...so I registered to be one of the stitchers. 

When I registered, I received confirmation of my registration which stated that "...I was in the queue". As soon  as soon as my 4-verse section from the Torah (the Old Testament - the 5 Books of Moses) was formatted (pattern created, converted to a pdf and formatted), I would be sent an email with instructions for payment. As soon as payment is received (via paypal) I would be sent all the materials and the pattern. 

Well, yesterday I received the email with payment instructions and notification of the verse I will be stitching in Hebrew. Payment has been made...now I am just waiting. In the meantime, my Torah/Bible portion is Exodus 5:12-15:

12 So the people scattered throughout the land of Egypt, to gather stubble for straw. 13 The taskmasters were urgent, saying, “Complete your work, the same daily assignment as when you were given straw.” 14 And the supervisors of the Israelites, whom Pharaoh’s taskmasters had set over them, were beaten, and were asked, “Why did you not finish the required quantity of bricks yesterday and today, as you did before?”
15 Then the Israelite supervisors came to Pharaoh and cried, “Why do you treat your servants like this?

So, as soon as I receive my materials I will be stitching these verses in Hebrew and be one of 1463 stitchers from all over the world. How cool will that be. I will keep you posted :)

Well, got to go. Until next time remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

No comments: