Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy December

Wow...I haven't been very good about posting this year and we have just entered December, the last month of the year. Holidays, school vacations, hockey weekends and lots of busy business days. All good stuff, but just hard to believe that we are already facing the end of the year. I had a feeling that this year would fly by fast. Mainly because my older son is a senior in high school...the last year that he is at home for it will either be college, a post-grad prep school or playing jr hockey somewhere else. Well, can't start thinking along those lines year...we still have from now until June, when he graduates from high school and then a few months of summer.

Anyway...how was your Thanksgiving holiday. Mine was pretty good. My time was mainly spent in one of our stores, making sure that all the chocolate dipping of strawberries, apples and pineapples got done so that the fruit arrangements were able to be delivered for everyone's Thanksgiving get-togethers. I did manage to make our own homemade pumpkin pies for our dinner:

I make the crust from scratch (for that is the only way to go, according to my great-great grandmother. I remember watching her make the crust from scratch when I was a little girl. I still remember her cussing under her breathe when the crust would crack a little when she put it in the pan. I watched her patch up the cracks with a little water and dough plugs). The pumpkin pie filling is from my mother-in-law's recipe...for my husband is the only one who eats the pie...gotta please him :)

Anyway, aside from baking and working, I did manage to get in some stitching over the holiday weekend...I have started "April" (Monthly Samplers from LHN) - please excuse the bad lighting and the wrinkly appearance:
I, also, have pulled out an old piece of 25ct fabric and have been "messing around". Sometimes I like to just play with colored floss and little designs, kind of making a sampler of my own. I find going through old magazines, stitching books and different websites and just picking a color or colors and making x's without worrying about placement on the fabric relaxing. Here is what I am talking about...
It is just a hodge-podge of random designs, shapes and colors. No rhyme and no reason. Just things that peak my interest when looking through my plethora of stitching stash...and different color combinations.



We will see where this takes us and what other things I can find to add to my sampler.

Well, time to take the kids to school.

Take care and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your pies look delish! :)
And your stitching is cute as a button!