Saturday, April 20, 2013

Things that come out of the dark

Mary Wigham - status from month's ago.
From out of the Dark bag of UFOs comes my Mary Wigham Sampler. I haven't put a stitch in this project for many, many months. However, Mary has been calling me from the dark..."stitch me, stitch me!" So out from the dark she has come...

...and I have taken up my needle and thread to Mary. Here is the status of this motif I have been stitching for a couple of weeks. I have been using The Gentle Art color: Dungarees for this one. Working on this brings much relaxation, believe it or not - even at 40ct and one-over-one. One of these days I will finish this, I guess :)

I heard from Jill Rensel regarding the framing of my Family Sampler and it sounds like it is almost finished and might be ready to ship sometime next week. It will be so cool to have it framed and at home. I can't wait to see it and I will definitely photograph it so I can show you the finished-finished product :)

Well, this weekend is one that is technically a very busy one - hockey games, track & field, SAT tutors, school projects, birthday celebrations...however, this morning, here I sit at home while one part of my family is at his high school volunteering at a track meet and the other portion of my family is at the hockey rink (son playing a game and husband, whose birthday is today, is watching).  I was going to go out and take a walk, but a headache just invaded my head and I needed to veg out to let the tylenol take affect. Maybe I will go later. It is a beautiful day here!

Anyway, I should go. It is time to get somethings done here in the house before all my boys come home to nap. 

Until next time, remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!

Lisa

You are as prone to love as the sun is to shine;
it being the most delightful and natural employment
of the soul of humans.
 
Thomas Traherne






3 comments:

~Narita said...

You're such a good mom!

Unknown said...

what's that? a tiny bit of R&R???lol. Cheers to pulling a piece of happiness out of the dark, it is going to be beautiful Lisa and I can't wait to see your family sampler.
As always, Cheers

valerie said...

Yay! So glad to see you pull Mary out of the WIP basket. I should do the same. Yours looks great! Can't wait to see how Jill framed your family sampler. Love her!