Sunday, April 7, 2013

An Anniversary to Note and stitching update


First...for those who are looking for my posts regarding my trip to DC with the FMS 8th grade class, you will need to click on the links below. Each on will take you to the respective post of the day.


__________________________________________________

Today is Sunday, April 7th.....

22 years ago today - I married my sweetheart...my best friend...my soulmate....
Goodness gracious, we look so young. 

Today has started early, as the boys have a hockey activity from 6:30-8:30am this morning. My DH took them for he love to watch when both of them are on the ice together. Something that doesn't happen very often any more. 

An Me? Well, I am home enjoying this quiet house :) Last night, while watching some of the final four basketball game, I was able to get some stitching done. Here is a status photo of the 2nd owl heart:
I got all the light purple finished, just need to fill in the whites of their eyes and then #2 is complete. I am getting a little tired of stitching this design, so I might opt to do a different one for my mother. I really need to get going on this project. For the anniversary of the passing of my grandmother was April 4...her burial was April 14. We all miss her dearly so that is why I wanted to make something special for my sisters and mother. Well, hopefully I will get going again.

In the mean time, I received part 3 of the Blue Ribbon Designs Mystery Sampler: Blue Jeans and Daisies. 
Is anyone out there working on this sampler? I haven't started, as you can see. I will probably make this a start in May...or sometime soon. I like the colors and look forward to starting this. There seems to be so many new designs that have come out recently!

Well, I am just rambling now. I need to sign off and get a move on - time to exercise before all the boys get home.

Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

All you need is deep within you waiting to unfold and reveal itself.
All you have to do is be still and take time to seek what is within,
and you will surely find it.
~ Eileen Caddy

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Happy Anniversary! Nice stitching, too!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary Lisa! Hope you and DH had a nice day. Cute owl stitching! I haven't seen too many people stitching that Blue Ribbon design so can't wait to see your start.