Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Short week at home - a look back at the weekend

I am back home from Phoenix where Robert's team had a fair showing at the SuperSeries96 tournament. They won 1 - lost 3 - tied 1. However, I am very proud of the team and of Robert. Even with a short bench (aka small team; they only had 13 players playing over the weekend out of 15...a full team is 20) these boys battled hard all weekend - playing 2 games a day...and the games consisted of (3) three 18 minute periods. That makes for a long game, where you get a lot of ice time and short breaks on the bench to catch your breath.

While in Phoenix, my role not only included all the team manager functions that I normally do but I also got to drive one of the van...which happened to be the equipment van...aka the Stink Mobile.
The Equipment Van - hockey bags loaded from the front to the rear.
OPEN WINDOWS!
No one would ride with me :(  It wasn't as bad as it sounds, the car didn't smell too bad; however, the extra room we reserved at the hotel for the boys to store their hockey bags over night and between games...well, that room definitely took on the wonderful, ripe odor of a locker room. I just hope that I don't get assigned that room when I travel back to Phoenix this coming weekend when it is Matthew's team's turn to play in their SuperSeries.

So, have you ever come across one of these:
Well, if you are one of those people who collect those little hotel bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel - you would have been out of luck at this hotel. They had these little dispensers on the shower wall. I actually liked it, for I definitely had enough shampoo and conditioner...those little bottles don't seem to have enough. This was also a good thing for the boys' rooms (there were 3-4 boys in each room) for I am sure that many of them rely on hotel shampoo and one of those little bottles definitely would not have been enough for them all to share.

While travelling last weekend, I got in some stitching time...and if you made it all the way to the end of this post you will be rewarded with a status photo of Family Sampler:
Starting in the upper right hand corner, I got a good portion of the Pea Pod vine started. While I am already getting sick of Pea Green...I do think that I will continue with this border until it is completely done. I want to make sure that it matches up when I come to the end. I think that if I worked on the little flowers that are on this vine...and it didn't match up in the end...I would be more upset and stressed. So, here is to Pea Pod...my new color friend for the next few weeks :)

Hope your week has started out well...until next time,

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

1 comment:

valerie said...

Great progress on your family sampler! Keep plugging along and don't let the Peapod win!

I like the idea of the shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers on the wall. It feels a little like a gym but you can use as much as you want! Those hotel bottles are tiny