Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF...and the plate lessens

It is Friday. I have made it through the week. It feels like an accomplishment as I look back on Monday-Thursday, days filled with so much and know that I have landed here. Hockey, 2 stores up and running, a part-time job, running the kids to/from things...just making sure that everyone and everything gets taken care of to the Best Of My Ability. And I believe it has...and today I got up & out of bed & on the stationary bike to get in a spin before heading down to *The 1st Store* to work.

Working at *The 1st Store* is the only major activity that I have on my Daily Plate...plus one minor activity that I have to run Matthew (younger son) to and it is local (no long drives down to the rink today!). It feels almost freeing to be down to 1 major activity.

Well, I can't complain too much regarding driving down to the rink for the late shift (Robert's, older son, evening clinic goes from 8-11 and we don't get home until midnight). Being too tired and sporting a little headache for the last two days, I wasn't able to muster up the energy to workout in the fitness room at the rink (something that I enjoy. Nice to get in a good workout at the end of the day to relieve stress)...so I spent the time in the restaurant at the rink, siting and stitching on the Pineapple...and here is the status:
Just a little bit more to stitch...then there is some backstitching with the dark green...and then it should be done. I am hoping to find sometime over the next 3 days to finish stitching it so that I can finish it off as a pillow and present it to the recipent next Tuesday. Fingers are crossed :)

As I conclude this week, there are a lot of good things to note, which come out of all this crazy-busyness:
  1. The new store opened up as planned on June 15 and is doing well. DH is excited about the staff hired to run the place and about the orders coming in (this location had an Edible Arrangement before, which unfortunately had to shut its doors - so this is like a Re-Opening Under New Management and it looks like the Community is excited to have it back).
  2. Report cards came in the mail and confirmed both boys achieved a "A" average (4.0 GPA). Not only for the last semester, but for the full 2010-2011 school year. We are very proud of them both.
  3. Matthew (younger son) received word that he has been accepted into the Junior Leader program (meaning he will be volunteering at the local park summer camp as a Jr. Leader, assisting the leaders with games & activities, and working with other kids). This is the first year that he will be participating in this activity, which Robert has done in the past, which is a wonderful program that the city recreation center puts on.
And one of the things that come out of all this craziness is friends! In order to help get the boys to the rink, we are blessed to have the families from the hockey community to help out. I believe, aside from the love and support we have as a family - working together to make these crazy days easier to get through...it is the hockey families we have befriended that have lighten the load as well. I am grateful!!!!

Well on that note, I am blessed that you have come to visit today. I hope that you have a wonderful Friday and weekend. Until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

1 comment:

Branlaadee said...

Awesome job as a mom! And congrats to the boys. And Congrats to you and Steve for the new store! I hope it's prosperous!

The pineapple is beautiful.