Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm still here

Hi all...I am still here, just trying to catch my breathe! As per last post, I was leaving for Dallas, Texas with Robert and his hockey team for a tournament over MLK weekend. We left last Friday afternoon and got back Monday evening. It was a nice weekend. The boys played 5 games (won 3 - lost 2) - played ok. They should have played in the championship game, but just didn't seem to show up or play like they had the desire to win in the semi final game. Oh, well...aside from the hockey, the boys enjoyed some good BBQ (you can't go to Texas without eating BBQ, ya know?) and celebrated a birthday of one of their teammates.

And, while in Texas, Robert and I got to visit with some family - my mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and some  cousins. Always nice when you can combine hockey travel with family visits. I can't say that we spent a lot of time with family, as I was one of the team van drivers, but we were grateful for the time we did have together.

I did get some stitching in over the weekend. I tried to work on the ornament exchange project, but the dark fabric frustrated me too much to stitch on the plane, so I took out Family Sampler and made some nice progress on this over the weekend. However, now at home and the ornament exchange mail date looming in the near future, I will have to put away Family Sampler until the ornament is complete and in the mail. I will try and get a photo posted of Family Sampler in the next couple of days.

The end of the first semester is here and both, Robert and Matthew, are in test phase with a 1/2 day of school this Friday. I am sure both will do well.

Hope all is going well with you...I look forward to catching up with all my blog reading!

Take care and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

No comments: