Friday, January 7, 2011

End of the week

Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is Friday -
yahoo! And it has been a long, long time since I have had a Friday of work, off without children in the house, off without any expectation from others to do "their things".
I can't report that I have done too much relaxing or anything really exciting - but I did sleep in until 6:30am (by mistake, as I didn't hear my 4:30am exercise call), I did go into *The Store* at 9:00am (I had an appointment with an advertising guy for DH & I need to start making our marketing plans for *Our Business*), I did go home at 9:30am and clean the bottom floor of our house (something that has needed to be done for quite awhile) and at 12:30pm, I was able to veg out on the stationary bike for a couple of hours while catching up on facebook, emails, reading/commenting on blogs and writing this new post.

Thank you -
I was so excited to read the comments on my last post - for thanks to all the offers to add hearts to my Friendship Sampler. I will be emailing those of you who offered to get your snail mail...what a fun way to complete this project :)

Last night -
I had to take Matthew (younger son) down to the hockey rink, but not for ice practice...his team was scheduled for "off-ice" conditioning. It is one of those things which I know is necessary for him to do and to be there to do, but it is hard to swallow the driving to and from the rink for the hour activitiy (it took almost an hour to get to the rink last night and 45 minutes to get home). However, once at the rink, I used my time wisely. I decided to sit in my car and stitch on Family with the car engine off and the battery on so that I could listen to the radio and turn on the over head light, I stitched...

I stitched for a little over an hour, while Matthew was out in the parking lot with his team - running ladders, jumping on big truck tires, shooting into a hockey net, etc. Just as they started to pick up the equipment to help their coach put everything away...the radio died and the overhead light went out...the car battery was dead. Yikes! Thank goodness that many of the hockey dads were out watching their kids, for I was able to catch their attention to "jump my car" to "give it the spark of life" again. It didn't take much to revive it, and we were on our way back home. How embarrassing :) Next time I decide to stitch in my car, I will bring one of those little battery operated stitching lights and use my ipod & headphones!

BTW...I was only able to stitch that floating leaf above the house in that time period. I was going to stitch the leaves on the tree, to the left of the house, but I realized that I never stitched all the branches...and the over head light in the car really doesn't give enough light to see very well. Oh, least I was able to put the needle to the thread for a bit last night!

Well, my friends, time to end this for the day. Take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!


Bev said...

Thank God there were some helpful dads out there to help you, i take my stitching when m son plays football ( soccer) but i never get a chance to put a stitch in as i always get dragged outside to watch while i am freezing and wishing i could be back in the car lol

CalamityJr said...

Oops! But, as they say, all's well that ends well!

Kathy A. said...

Now that was some quality stitching time. Anywhere, any time. Love it!

Stephanie (Joie de Bayou) said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who stitches by "car light". If I take my key out of the ignition, I am able to use the light and the radio and it shuts off after 30 mins.