Monday, May 17, 2010

A work update from Seattle.

I am currently in Seattle - on business. I have been working for Hexcel Corporation for over 4 years in the Marketing and Communications department. One of the responsibilities I have had is preparation for trade shows. This is the first time that I have been able to go and attend a show. I flew into Seattle last night and today I went over the the Washington State Convention Center to observe the building of the booth. It really looks nice. Hexcel makes many products one can find in airplanes - to make them lighter and stronger. Other industries where the materials are used is: wind industry and recreational products (like bikes).
For the last few months I have been helping to coordinate the graphics and display parts. Today, after seeing drawings for the booth and photos of the displays, it was all put together. It was exciting.


 
The company we used to help design and build the booth, was so organized that there really wasn't much for my boss and I to do (except I did get to unpack the 4 boxes of literature). Tomorrow morning we will go over to the convention center to put out the literature before the show opens for the first day.
In the afternoon, I had some time to walk around downtown Seattle, like I did when I was here a couple months ago...hitting Pike Place market again. They were actually throwing the fish and had a large audience watching and participating. I did pick up some smoked salmon to take back to DH and the boys - as well as a little Father's Day gift for my father (planning ahead).

Well, that is about it for now. I did bring MW with me to stitch on, but was too tired when I got back to the hotel that I had to take a nap before dinner. Maybe I will be able to get in a little stitching tomorrow on the plane.
Hope everyone had a good Monday...take care! Lisa

No comments: