Saturday, May 29, 2010

Caught up on Friday and looking forward to relaxing weekend

It was nice to have a day off from work on Friday and a night off from hockey in the evening. I used the day to catch up on a little sleep, catch up on exercise, stock up on groceries, put clean laundry away, take Robert (older son) to the ortho, take all the boys (DH included) to get their haircut and just relax. In the evening, the boys enjoyed take out from our favorite local sushi restaurant, a home made milkshake and bedtime reading from 8pm-9pm; DH and I watched "American Flyers" (movie with Kevin Costner about cycling) while I stitched on Karen's Friendship Sampler RR and DH played solitare on the computer...lights out at 9:30 (for all of us).

(BTW...I heard that my Friendship Sampler has made it to The Netherlands - so it is on the move and hopefully be home in the next couple of months - yahoo!)

Isn't it funny, though...no matter how tired you might be what your body does? I went to bed at 9:30pm as mentioned above, read for a little and put my book down as soon as my eyes started to close (around 9:45pm)...at 11:11pm, as my clock so brightly pointed out, I was up...I was physically tired, but I was up. Instead of flipping and flopping in bed, I did get out and go into our TV room to lay on the couch with the window open and the tv on. That seemed to do the trick, for I was able to get into bed an hour lately and fall asleep. Oh well, at least I got some sleep before having to wake up around 5:30am to get breakfast around for Matthew (younger son) before he headed down to the hockey rink for his summer team's practice...DH took him :)

We have a 3 day weekend we just started. While the boys have some hockey activies and one son has a birthday party to attend, we are hosting a little bbq tonight with one other family...but those are our only scheduled activities. So that will leave a lot of time for some stitching, some resting and maybe even some yard work.

Hope your able to get in some stitching and resting during this holiday weekend...take care and remember...
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often! Lisa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog.

Nice you have a 3-day weekend. We had it last week. Enjoy your weekend and it is nice to take a rest and relax.