Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Robert and I got back home Saturday evening. And boy, traveling from East coast to West coast was somewhat difficult to transition back into. Today is the first day that I feel like myself. I didn't have any problems going out east with the 3 hour difference, but for some reason coming back home I just felt spacey Sunday and Monday.

The trip with Robert was great. He is now ready to go to college tomorrow, if he could. Unfortunately, he needs to finish his senior year in high school as well as get working on the college applications and essays...lots of work ahead of him.

Something that really made the trip extra special, was the fact that we were able to visit with family. As I mentioned in a previous post, my cousin David lives out in Middlebury. He and his girl friend had Robert and I over for dinner on Thursday evening. It was really nice of them to have us over, especially since Robert didn't get off the ice until 8:30...so it was a late dinner. Throughout the evening, over Oysters and Kansas City burnt ends, David and his girl friend answered many of Robert's questions about being a college student at Middlebury as well as got some insight into the applications process. The next afternoon, after Robert's hockey camp was over, David met us at the campus and gave us a behind the scenes tour.
From left to right: my son Robert, my cousin David and me. We are standing outside one of the buildings on the Middlebury College Campus
Now home...we are in the "get ready for school to start" mode. My boys don't start until Aug. 28. Yesterday was the "check-in" day at the school, where you drop off all the contact information and pay for all those PE clothes and donate to all parent-teacher groups. Now, with all of that completed and both the boys have their official schedule, I can officially say:

I am a mother of TWO high school boys -
a FRESHMAN and a SENIOR!
Yikes!
Where did the time go!

They are looking forward to this year. It will be the first time in a long time that they both were in the same school.

Well...off to get everyone ready for hockey! Until next time, take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

2 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Glad you got home safely. I really enjoyed "visiting" the campuses with you. May it be a great school year for all of you!

cucki said...

Glad you got home safely.
Big hugs x