Thursday, January 12, 2012

You'll have to meet the new addition to our family...

Thank you all for Robert's birthday wishes and your lovely comments - I am definitely a proud mother. He told me this morning at breakfast that he had a nice birthday. He found a couple of surprises yesterday when he got home from school.

First, as per his request for his birthday dinner, I brought home his favorite Tamales from a place near our 2nd store in Brentwood, CA. It is called Tamale Lovers and they make homemade/hand rolled tamales. His favorite is the Pablano Tamale and the mild Chicken Tamale.


Second, was a total surprise for him. He has been talking about getting an aquarium and saving up his holiday money he received to get a starter kit. So, I decided to take a little trip to the fish store and this is what I brough home...


I thought it would be fun to get him a little Beta fish in the ol' glass fish bowl to start out with and then, when things settle down a little, he can go out and purchase whatever aquarium he wants. He definitely was surprised and excited.

So that is the new addition to our family...and his name is "FISH". That is the name the birthday boy came up with (go figure...).

I suppose we do call our dog, "POOCH" (although his real name is Bruno)...if we had a hamster, we probably would name him "HAMSTER"...and according to Matthew (younger son) if we had a pet donkey his name would be "JACK ASS".  Not much I can say about that comment :)

Anyway, when I got home from closing our store I had one more treat for him...
Phish food ice cream...seemed like the perfect birthday dessert ;) and fitting for the occasion.

Hope the week is going well for you...time to sign off and get my day going. Take care and remember,

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

7 comments:

cucki said...

So happy that Robert had a fun day:)
Miss fish is so sweet too.. Lot Of love for you..
Hugs cucki xxx

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

yuck, phish food icecream. What next Egg Salad Icecream????euuuuu double yuck. lol
Those Beta's are so pretty and live forever too.
Be always in stitches.

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

Glad that the birthday was a fun one. Not quite sure about the ice cream though!. Welcome to the new addition
x catherine

valerie said...

Oooo, Phish Food. I haven't had that in forever. Maybe it can be my treat when I lose 5 pounds. The fishie is cute! Can't wait to see how the aquarium turns out.

SoCal Debbie said...

That's funny - Phish Food ice cream to go with the new fish. Happy Birthday to your son!

Penny said...

Happy belated birthday to Robert! The Beta's are beautiful and usually have quite a personality. :) The ice cream sounds delicious!

Pumpkin said...

Sounds and looks like he had an awesome birthday. I'm drooling all over my keyboard here...

LOVE the ice cream!!!! I haven't seen that one yet but will keep an eye out ;o)