Wednesday, December 28, 2011

OMG...what a holiday

I am here and feel more like a human being finally. The week of Christmas was crazy, crazy busy. More than what is considered "normal" for me.  Having 2 stores this year definitely took a toll on my DH and myself this holiday season. Last week I was basically up at our 2nd store, supervising our wonderful employees. Our 2nd store is about a 40 minute drive from our house. The beginning of the week was pretty managable...but as soon as Thursday came...well, I didn't get much sleep between that day and the night of Christmas eve.

Friday I was up at store #2 at 5am and didn't leave there until 7pm only to go to store #1 to help DH with delivery route organizing for Christmas Eve deliveries. I finally went home around 9:30pm and was in bed by 10pm for a nap. I, then, woke up at 2am on Christmas Eve to dip strawberries and apples in chocolate at store #1 from 2:30-5:30am and then drove up to store #2 to get ready for business up there (I was at store #2 from 6:15am-6:30pm). By Christmas Eve I was toast!

Christmas Day...with 2 teenage boys, present opening didn't start until after 8am. It is amazing how things have little pitter patters at more 2 little boys with sleep in their eyes due to excitement induced insomnia the night before. No more little toys or things to put together under the Christmas tree. The boys received clothing, gift cards and money - definitely things that they needed. After the wrappings were tossed aside and breakfast served, the rest of the day we just vegged.

Well, I take that back...while working in the stores, I wasn't able to get anything done I needed to do for the upcoming tournament Robert and his hockey team were leaving for on Monday, Dec. 26. So during Sunday, I got everything around for that tournament which meant not much time for rest. I also had to catch up on the laundry and assist Robert in his packing. So my rest was delayed until Monday after Robert's plane left and after I took Matthew down to his hockey practice (which was at 9:45am, something I didn't remember until at that he was 30 minutes late to his practice).  By 1pm on Monday I plopped on the couch and didn't move!

Yesterday was the first day that I felt like myself - I feel caught up and clear headed. Last night I even pulled out my stitching and put some X's into a project...not Family Sampler, but something else I started a few weeks ago and didn't get much time to finish. I will post a photo soon.

Anyway...I am back!

Hope everyones holiday was great. Until the next time, take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!


jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Please take it easy girl, you know, I really think you are the busiest person I have ever known and you still make time to stitch. WOW, I am in awe. Cheers to a wonderful 2012 Lisa to you and your wonderfully busy family.
Be always in stitches.

cucki said...

yup..take it easy..sending you lots of love dear busy bee..
happy new year wishes for you..
hugs cucki xx