Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mid-December and the tree still isn't up

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. ~ J.B. Priestley

I am up and going this morning; getting in my morning spin while trying to catch up on some things - emails, blog reading and posting, facebook, the morning news. Morning time is "me" time...it is the where I find my quiet time to reflect and plan - to regroup and get ready for the rest of the day. It is the time where I don't have to answer to anyone, to listen to anyone else's thoughts or feelings - it is just me here.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Thank you all for your nice comments...Matthew (younger son) and I had a great time down in LA over the weekend. Although, his hockey team didn't fare well down there. They lost both of their games...2-13 and 0-8. The team down there that we played does have some good talent, but basically they play as a team and have really good skating & passing skills. But since the outcome was expected, no one really came home depressed or upset. Aside from the hockey games, Matthew and I just use the weekend to get some R&R. The drive down and back home went very smoothly without any problems. We got home Sunday evening at 4:30pm - adequate time to get all the laundry done from our travels as well as the laundry that DH and Robert (older son) left waiting for me :)

It is hard to believe that it is mid-December and our Christmas tree isn't up yet. In fact, it is just hard to get into the holiday mood with everything going on right now - it isn't bad things that are going on, just a lot of busy activity.

Three more days are left at my part-time job. My cubical is pretty bare right now. Today and tomorrow I am helping my replacement move all the "stuff" in...what use to be my area...to a storage closet. While transporting all the boxes and things, I will continue to go through things to help determine if it is something to keep or something to trash. I think Jenny, my replacement, will be in good shape when I leave.

The boys are finishing up their last week of school before their winter vacation. I think that they are looking for a little break. During the vacation, both will continue to have hockey activities, but will not have to balance the school work.

My DH and I worked on the stores' schedules for next week. It looks like it definitely will be busy. Like we did for Thanksgiving, DH will stay at store #1 which is the busier of the stores and I will go up to store #2 to help out and supervise up there. Without the part-time job, I will be spending more time in the business.

Before the bulk of the holiday business hits, I think that I will try and plan a family meal on Saturday and a time we can put up the tree too. That sounds like a good idea, don't you think?

Anyway...time to sign off and thank you all again for your visits and comments. Take care my blogging friend and, until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often
Lisa

1 comment:

Julie said...

You guys sound like us. We've had back to back hockey weekends and just haven't had much time. I did put the tree and lights up last night. Now hopefully in the next few days we'll actually get some ornaments on it! LOL!

Merry Christmas!