Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A mini happy dance...and the preface to a new chapter in my life

Well, finally...although you will have to pardon the snapshot, still no batteries for the "real" camera so I had to use the phone again...I have a phone photo for you to show the status of Family Sampler.  Last night I put in the last few stitches of the border corners and also took time to sketch out & stitched the capital "D". Yahoo...a mini happy dance I did have :)

I have started to put some thought into how I want to represent my family in the middle section where the tree is. Using the various of combinations of a mom, dad and 2 sons...and a selection of cats & dogs...I think that I figured out how I will stitch us. So stay tuned as my Family Sampler mojo has returned and I am still hoping to get this big project complete before the bells of Jan 1 2012 ring.

I am also counting down the days until my part-time job is over...with a little saddness as I have been there 5.5 years mixed with a little excitement to move on and work more in our stores and help my DH out.  Today at my part-time job is our holiday luncheon at one of the local wineries. This event is a very nice occasion and I look forward to sitting with some of my co-workers I have worked with over the years as well as the young lady who was hired to replace me. Please note, while the word "replace" sounds harsh, I have no hard feelings at all about leaving - continuing on in the job as full-time is just not an option for me. More responsibility, more hours and travelling is just something, given my personal life, would be very difficult to manage...it wouldn't be good for me, my family or the company. And, like I said I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life - more involvement in the stores and continued time with family...aka chaufer to the boys :)

Well, time to sign off but before I do, I would like to share a few of the thoughts that arrived in my inbox this morning from http://www.livinglifefully.com/

The best thing about this very minute is your ability to recognized the possibilities in it. Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. But only God can count the apples in a seed. There is something in every problem that holds potential for something better. Do you want a lifetime of happy righ nows? The little choice this moment to see the beauty in what appears ugly, frustrating, or disgraceful will change everything. ~Barbara Johnson

If you're not happy with who you are, you'll spend precious energy trying to be somebody you're no, and it wil wear you out. Think for a moment. Is there anybody in your life you're comparing yourself to? A beautiful sister? An accomplished brother? A friend who never seems to have problems? Well, may I say with all the love in the world: Quit it. That business o comparing is going to make you sice and unproductive, if it hasn't already. You are you! ~Luci Swindoll

The first thing to do in life is to do with purpose what one proposes to do. ~ Pau Casals

Until next time, my blogging friends, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

3 comments:

valerie said...

Good luck on your new transition Lisa! It will be nice to have more time to devote to the business.

Great progress on FS. Can't wait to see the little people get stitched up!

Penny said...

That's such a pretty sampler! Wishing you well in this new chapter of your life. More time with our families is always a good thing. :)

cucki said...

wow it is a very beautiful sampler..i love it so much..
big hugs xx