Sunday, December 4, 2011

A little package arrived, from a dear stitching friend!!

Yesterday a little package was sitting on my doorstep. I wasn't expecting anything, although some of our relatives have started their Christmas shopping a little early. However, this package was from my dear stitching friend - CindyMae. Totally unexpected, I of course couldn't wait to tear into the package...even through we were 1/2 our the door for a hockey game.

Rip...Rip...Tear...Tear...YAHOO! HOW COOL!...sob, sob..OMG, I can't believe that anyone would do this for me...

In the package was a pillow, with the Prairie Schooler Santa 2009 stitched AND the pattern...and a beautiful door hanger that reads: "Stitching Friends Forever."
Can you find any holiday stitching pattern that would be more perfect for my life than a Santa with a hockey stick, a couple of hockey pucks and ice skates?  Like, this is so ME...so my LIFE...and hopefully Santa takes the hint that the boys could always use a new pair of skates, a stick or even the puck for their stockings. And if that isn't enough, she threw in the pattern as well. Which, is awesome because after I showed my boys the pillow, they immediately said that would make a neat ornament for me. So, I guess I need to get my supplies together and stitch some skating Santas for the boys.
And the other stitched "door hanger" - Stitching Friends Forever, I think really sums up the friendship I have with Cindy. Through the blogging community of stitchers our paths crossed. A new and upcoming stitching designer, she needed people to help her out and stitch some of her designs so that she would have some models...I volunteered. And we have kept in contact throughout.

Cindy, thank you so much! I love my package. The pillow I have placed on my bed and the door hanger on my bedroom doorknob. You have truely spoiled me :) My life has been richer since you have come into it years ago and even through we live thousands of miles appart and have never met, you are a very special friend!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Yesterday's two hockey games, which Matthew and his team played, were pretty good. We knew going into them that his team would be challenged. Matthew played well and the team was not totally shut out...but they did loose both games with a score of 1-10 and 2-8. It could have been worse, for the opposing team, who is from Southern California, does a lot to recruit players from all over California as well as the US.

Today, my DH just left with both boys at 6:30am. Matthew has another game, an exhibition game against an older team from our club and Robert has an early morning practice with his team. Then later today, Robert will be playing in a hockey game as a member of his high school hockey team. This is the first game for this team and the first high school hockey game for his school. High school hockey is just getting organized in California (so, if you are keeping track, Robert is on two hockey teams - his high school team and his club team). 

Well, Robert will get to play in that High School game if he gets his homework done...Matthew has informed us that his homework is done for the weekend and he is ready for school tomorrow...fingers are crossed that we will not have any homework surprises at bedtime tonight!

That is about it my blogging friends. I am trying to get all my "to dos" crossed off my list before the boys come home from hockey: exercise, blog posting, catch up with relatives, grocery shopping, folding the laundry and prep a family lunch. So I better keep going to knock the things off. Until next time, remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often!
Lisa

8 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What lovely gifts, and CindyMae certainly did choose the perfect pattern for your family! High school hockey here is not truly a school sponsored team, so though they have the school name, all expenses, etc., are carried by the families. Not exactly fair, but it's another chance to play!

stitchersanon said...

Amazing gifts, and if it is an unexpected they are all the more special.

cucki said...

waaaaw what a lovely gift from you very sweet friend,,everything is so lovely..they are truly very special..
keep well and have a lovely time..
hugs xx

SoCal Debbie said...

What a perfect gift for you and your family! Hockey Santa!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

I am so glad that you are happy with the goodies! Glad the boys liked the pillow and I knew throwing in the pattern was a good thing! LOL You are such a dear friend to me and I thank God that you are a part of my life. One day, hopefully, we will be able to meet in person but even if that never happens, I will always treasure our long distance friendship!!

Kathy in Orange County California said...

I stitched that Santa into an ornament five times last year - I think we've talked before about my nephew who was a TriValley Blue Devil, but has now aged out, and my sister did photography for Hockey Shots. So I originally bought the ornament to stitch for my sister and her family...then the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, and since all my siblings are Blackhawk fans, I decided they each needed one!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh I just love the Santa and how appropriate!
Funny how packages at the door create so much joy.
Be always in stitches.

valerie said...

Lovely gifts from CindyMae!