Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday's Mumblings

Well, here we are back to Monday. Did you watch the Superbowl? This was the first time in a long time that I watched the majority of the game. I guess because DH and I lived in New Orleans for several years (from 1991-1995...right after we got married & out of college - a perfect time to live right near the French Quarter...no responsibilities and young enough to party). And because, it was on, it did provide a good background for stitching which I worked on "A Walk in the Park". Here is where I am:
I just need to stitch up the white dog bones below the words, the dog's name (Maxwell) and the dates (1995-2009). I was hoping to have it done before this coming Thursday, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen as all of us (DH, 2 sons and I) will be departing for hockey tournament on Thursday.

As mentioned, I will be traveling with Robert (older son) to a tournament in Pittsburgh while DH and Matthew (younger son) will be going to Phoenix. Last week, when I wrote about this arrangement, I got a few questions..."How did DH get lucky?" Well, DH travelled the last 2 times with Robert (Seattle in December and Texas in January) while I got to stay home with Matthew and spend time with him. So it is time for him to go with Matthew. And, to be honest, while I would love to be the one to go to Phoenix for it is warmer there and no snow, DH and I have the same belief of the importance of spending time with each of the boys. So we take turn in our travels with each...Divide and Conquer!  

Another question I get: "When do we get time to spend with each other?" DH and I find sometime here and there...but the time we have with our boys seems so short. Especially now that Robert is 14 and Matthew is 10 - college or jr hockey isn't too far away - so the time we spend with them is priceless. And, DH & I know that our time will come again and we will start a new chapter in our lives...ooopps, sorry for getting so sappy. Maybe it is because Valentine's Day is around the corner?

Anyway...this week is going to be crazy as I will not only preparing myself for travel, but all of us and I will also need to make sure that I have all of Robert's teams information with me as I am the team manager. So, if I don't post for awhile...please forgive me as I will be running around with my head cut off. However, if I do post, I am probably letting off stress and steam, so you will have to forgive me for that too.

So...have a great week as we head into President's Day and Valentines Day weekend! Take care and remember:
Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch often! Lisa

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hey Lisa! Where are you staying and playing in Pittsburgh? Drop me an email! It's in my profile.

Carolyn NC said...

Hope the tournaments go well. Walk is so cute.

valerie said...

Great start on the puppy memorial! I hope your travels go well!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely project and such a nice thing to do :o) I have this pattern and want to stitch it up for my puppy Brie that we had to put to sleep last September :o(

Angela said...

Your wip looks lovely, great progress while watching the Superbowl! Hope the tournaments go well :)