Thursday, September 11, 2014

Last part of my trip out east

Once my son was settled in his room, I really didn't have anything to do on Thursday (Sept. 4); although I did purchase a few more hangers for his clothes and a yoga mat & bag for him. I was fortunately to run into him while he and one of his hockey buddies were walking around downtown Exeter - so I handed him the bag with the stuff (thus, I didn't need to go back to his dorm/house and bug him anymore). I also got a brief hug; the kind that say "I do love you mom, but I cannot really show my affection because a friend of mine is standing near us." So for the rest of that Thursday, I just vegged out in my hotel room; catching up on some sleep before I headed down to Washington DC for my cousin's wedding.

Sun coming up on Friday, Sept. 5 over a boggy area in Exeter, NH
I woke up early Friday morning to get in a nice jog before I had to head to the airport. The cool, crisp air was such a blessing. And the beauty of the landscape as the sun rose was overwhelming.

The view of downtown Exeter from across the pond as the morning sun shined down
My plane left Manchester, NH around 12:30pm. Manchester is just about 30 minutes from Exeter. Not too bad of a drive. I arrived into Washington DC around 3pm, where I met up with my mother and father. We shared a taxi to the hotel. After getting unpacked, we decided to take a little walk down to the White House.
A selfie with my mother and father in front of the White House - definitely goofy!
That evening, since we weren't invited to the rehearsal dinner, my parents, sisters and brother-in-laws had a wonderful meal together. It was fun to get together with the family...something that we don't get to do very often.

Saturday morning, I got up early and had a very good and inspiring run: I passed the White House, Washington Monument, Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, WWII memorial, Vietnam War memorial, etc. It was really nice (hot and humid, but inspiring!).

Saturday evening was the wedding. Unfortunately it was outside, where the temperature was 91 degrees and the humidity was 100%...nevertheless, it was a beautiful wedding.
Congratulations to my cousin Charlie and his beautiful bride Kelli!
The photo on the bottom right is me with my cousin Katie
Well, now back home. Only one kid here in the house. Robert is doing well 3000 miles away at school. We have heard from him daily. Which, when I think about all the technology now-a-days, it is nice! Back when I went to college, I had one phone (land-line) in my room which I shared with my roommate. We did have computers, but internet and email wasn't around yet. So my conversations with my parents were just limited to two or three times a week. On the other hand, Robert has texted us daily as well as called several time. Although, we will see how long that will last :)

Any, that should bring you up to date. Just getting use to the new routine here with one kid to deal with - take to school and to hockey. I am finding that there is more time at home and less time in the car on the way to the rink. So, maybe...just maybe...I will find more time to sit and stitch; you think?

Until next time...take care and remember,

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!


cucki said...

So much fun..
Happy smiles x

farmerswife94 said...

Hi, I just found your blog! I too am a hockey mom, and we left our son at a prep school this year too...hard, but I know he will have a great time. I found your blog through a search on the cross stitch "hockey Rivalry"...did you ever finish it? I am desperately looking for the pattern to do it for my son's 18th... do you still have it? And would you be willing to pert with it? Did you ever finish it? Thanks, Olivia