Friday, September 19, 2014

Fruity Friday!


Happy Fruity Friday. 
My son received his care package I sent a few days ago. 
It contained HoneyCrisp apples. 
YUM! 
Fall is here now that the HoneyCrisps have arrived. 
Those big, crisp, juicy apples are so delish! There is nothing like them. 
He was very excited when I texted him this morning to let him know that the packaged had arrived (I was stalking it on the USPS website). In between classes he went to his post box and got the box...and it looks like he tore it open so that he could get a bite of an apple.
A little silly, huh?
Well, we are a big fruit and vegetable family.
Being away from home he is doing his best to eat like he is use to, and the food at Phillips Exeter is pretty good. But when you are use to having fruit available at all times, it is hard. He said during a phone conversation over the weekend he is getting bananas from one of the dining halls...and he did grab a Red Delicious Apple, but it was "icky"! So he is sticking with bananas only.

I haven't made time to do any X's on my Torah portion the last few days. I have been in a little funk and experiencing a little headache lately. The micro-climate situation where we live in California has been providing us with a little humidity where we live. Several of the surrounding areas received a little rain yesterday (which we desperately need); however we didn't see a drop. But there was a rainbow nearby yesterday morning:
It was so bright and vivid. I swear, I probably could have walked through the park and found the pot of gold. Yah, right...lovely thinking :) 

Well, with out much news here, I probably should sign off. Have a great weekend - take care and remember...

Live, Love, Laugh and Stitch Often!
Lisa

1 comment: